PDA

View Full Version : Hi

feels like prison
02-12-09, 15:16
My name is Randy and I am 39 yrs old who has suffered from anxiety/panic attacks for over 27 yrs. I am just looking for someone to chat with about these horrible episodes. The first time I experienced this is when I was just 12 yrs old and it came out of nowhere and has plagued me ever since. No one who knows me knows that I have suffered from A/P attacks, I've kept it secret all these years except those that are closest to me. I have been put on all kinds of anti depressants which have never worked for me.

Lately I have been going through some of the most hardest times of my life and the anxiety/panic attacks are crashing on me like waves in the ocean. I'm getting tired of fighting and just want these to end. When I was at the Dr's yesterday he prayed for me in his office. I just feel so alone inside and need someone to help me out of this place.

Thank you and take care

nomorepanic
02-12-09, 15:18
Hi feels like prison

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

bottleblond
02-12-09, 15:19
Hi Randy

Welcome along to NMP! :D

You will get lots of support and advice here and get to know some lovely new people too.

Take care
Lisa
x

gypsywomen
02-12-09, 15:24
hi randy been in that ark place where you think there is no light ,,but believe me with help of this site i am getting there ,,i so hard nobody understands ,,if they never experienced it ,,so we feel alone with our thoughts witch makes this 1000 times worse ,,, you will get better believe me maggi

Veronica H
02-12-09, 15:32
:welcome:to NMP Randy. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

feels like prison
02-12-09, 15:37
Thank you all for your warm welcomes and advice. I look forward to chatting with all of you in a few days.

Randy