PDA

View Full Version : gutted

colin
17-11-05, 07:46
Was on the computer fealing ok, then I sneezed. It as you know releases
like energy ( makes you shiver ) but Iv'e been so tense over the past
few weeks, Iv'e got a lot of tension in my body. Well the tension started
to come out of my body in waves. I got scared and had a huge panic attack. Instead of faceing it I ran from it. GUTTED! But will keep fighting

colin

Meg
17-11-05, 09:10
Colin

You recognised it for what it was which is good ..

Try to put it behind you today and maybe try to do some exercise or relaxation to rid yourself of excess tension.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
17-11-05, 13:01
I agree with Meg try and put it behind you.

Exercise is brilliant for burning off all that excess adrenaline.

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

carlin
17-11-05, 14:49
Hi Colin,
Sorry you feel a little rough today, it's just one of those days, everyone gets them, anxiety or no anxiety, tomorrow you will be fine mate xxxx

lotus
17-11-05, 17:40
Hi Colin,

You shouldn't worry about what happened today, don't be hard on yourself. You know a better, more effective strategy to deal with the panic attacks, right? Not being able to apply it every single time is OK, this method needs practice in order to work. Changing one's approach towards panic attacks is a process, it doesn't happen overnight. You know that challenging the fear instead of running away from it is the right thing to do. Stick with that and practice it every time. It will work.

I'm saying that because I tried it today when I had to go pay my cable net on my own. I really didn't want to go, but I thought to myself "OK, bring it on, whatever, let's see how bad it can get, I'm really not going to sit here terrified, begging it not to happen, lets see how I stop breathing, lets see how I faint, lets see how I die". So I went and I was fine. Maybe it won't work every time, maybe I won't be able to face my fear every time, maybe occasionally it will seem like a completely usesless approach. But I'll still practice it because it makes so much sense.

Keitharcher
17-11-05, 18:39
Hi Colin

Its just a minor setback I know you can beat it

keitharcher

trac67
17-11-05, 19:43
Hi Colin,

Next time it happens try not to run from it, all the time it knows it can get to you it will.

Dont feel gutted we have all done it, its so hard to ignore it, but like they say practice makes perfect, and you have the right attitude by saying you are going to keep fighting, well done.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'