PDA

View Full Version : Do things get worse before they get better?

chucklehound
17-11-05, 09:01
I have been going in to the shops now for a couple of months without having a panic attack,until last week when I had a major panic attack and had to leave the shop.[:I]
Now, since then, I have not gone into the shop because I am so scared of another panic attack occuring.
I thought I was doing do well and now I feel that I am going backwards again. I really want to overcome this and I know that the only way to do it is to go into these places whether I am in a major panic or not but I fear the panic so much that as I am walking up to the shop I am thinking of nothing but but anxiety and panic. Maybe thinking so negative is bringing the anxiety on so severe...
Do things get worse before they get better?

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Meg
17-11-05, 09:08
Chuckle

Its a blip.. thats all.

The road to recovery is not straight or flat or even paved sometimes.

You can have weeks of doing well and one day its just tooo hard so be kind to yourself, take it easy and go for stability again the next day.

Also don't push too hard every day. If you're PMT don't even attempt to do the whole 9 yards..

Maybe just go halfway for the next few days and build back up. This is not a disaster and you are not reverting back to square 1.

I just give up! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2633)

Feeling back at square one (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3188)

I just give up! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2633)

Feeling back at square one (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3188)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

chucklehound
17-11-05, 09:15
Hi Meg and thank you for your reply.
I have tried to go another way to the shop to try to avoid a man in a electric scooter because I keep getting weird thoughts that I will beat him up! Stupid really because I am not that kind of person.

Will these thoughts settle down too?

Sorry for all the questions.[:I]

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Meg
17-11-05, 09:23
Yes Chuckle , they will settle.

Maybe challenge those thoughts totally by stopping to say 'hello' to him just for a moment.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

kazo
17-11-05, 09:34
Hi Chuckle Hun

I can totally understand how you are feeling as the same thing has happened to me.

I hadnt had a panic attack since August then last week I went to the school to pick children up, whilst standing there it came on so sudden i didnt realise at first what was going on.

Since then I have got very worked up just before going up the school and am now leaving so I get there just as they are coming out so i dont have to wait. If i could possibly get out of going i would but i know i have to go or they dont get picked up.

Think of it in another way as my counsellor told me " you have come so far forward and gone one step back so what, people who diet are good for days then they have that little sweet or cake, a person packing up smoking may have that little puff. In other words eat that sweet or cake then carry on dont think you have blown it." I sat and thought about this and now i am trying not to let that step back go furthur back i am gonna step forward again.

So chin up chuckle and keep trying to go to the shop one day you will make it in that shop again.

Good luck hun

Kazo xxxxxx

chucklehound
17-11-05, 09:52
Hi Meg, Thank you for your advice, I will try to talk to him. I have noticed that by the time the man is really quite close to me the thoughts have gone again but then I am left with complete anxiety about why I had thoughts in the first place!

Hi Kazo xxx:D
Not spoken to you in a while hun!
I have never thought of looking at things the way you put it.
Thank you for your supprt hun
Love
Chuck
xxx

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Piglet
17-11-05, 12:59
Hi toot hun,

How's it going this week?

Love Pig :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

colin
17-11-05, 14:28
I know how you feal, but it will get better. I know this cos my first panic
attack was back in 1987. I got phobias the same as yours and in time
overcame them. I became panic free,but I had set backs too. I'm no expert but I think if you keep trying you wear it down. My panic returned
5 weeks ago I know why and I will beat it again. I'm no stronger than you. Ithink that if you want to beat it hard enough you will. hope you
feel better soon

colin new to site not to panic!

chucklehound
17-11-05, 16:51
Hi Piglet and thankyou for your reply. I am even worse than this week. I have not been in the shop since t happened and am scared incase I never go back in there now. What a 'toot' eh???

Hi Colin and thank you so much for your reply. I am really sorry that your panics have returned again but like you say, you will overcome them again. I wish you all the very best in getting better.
Good luck!

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Keitharcher
17-11-05, 18:37
All I can say is keep hanging in there you will beat it its a blip

Keitharcher

trac67
17-11-05, 19:38
Hi Chuck,

It was just the anxiety coming to test you to see if it could get to you, if it happens again, stick it out hun.

Once it realises that you are stronger than it is, it's gonna get fed up and go away, it doesn't find it any fun if it doesn't get a reaction from you, so prove it wrong and don't let it win.

You know i'm here for you mate.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
17-11-05, 19:42
Hi Chuck

Hang on in there ok - you are not going backwards that far and you can still bounce forward further.

Just be kind to yourself and take it a step at a time and when you feel ready to do it.

Good luck and I am sure you can come back from this ok?

Nicola

chucklehound
17-11-05, 20:00
Hi Keitharcher, Tracey and Nic and thank you so much for your replies.
I know that you are all right in what you say and tomorrow I will really try to get back in the shop.

Thank you all so much for your continued support.[^]

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

rhowes2000
17-11-05, 20:00
You will get through it Chuck, just do the journey in small parts again maybe just to get yourself back into it. You'll get there don't worry, things WILL improve.

chucklehound
17-11-05, 20:04
Hi Rhowes and thank you for your support hun, I really appreciate it![^]

I will speak to you soon! xxx

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Sus
18-11-05, 03:13
Hey Chucklehound, Im in a similar situation. Was walking farish till last Sat when I had attack and then couldnt even do the small journeys. We have to think of it as still going forward, just cause these little annoyances happen think how far you have come and you can get back there. I am worried as it took me 2 months to be able to wakalk 20 mins and now set back but we can do it. Sus, x

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Ralph Blum

desperate
18-11-05, 12:04
Hi Chucs,

How are you doing now?

Just remember you did it before so you can do it again!

Sarah

chucklehound
18-11-05, 16:16
[^]Hi all and thank you for your replies.

I managed to get into the shop this morning as I am so pleased with my achievement.
I would not have gone in there today if it wasn't for your support, so, thank you to everyone who replied to my post. I am so greatful to you.

Thank you :D[^]

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Meg
18-11-05, 16:18
Hey Chuck thats brill !!!!!!!

You are really great . I know how totally terrifying it feels.

Did you see the scooter man ?

Meg xx

chucklehound
18-11-05, 16:21
Hi Meg, No lol I didn't, I was ready for him though!!!

Thank you for your support, it helped me such alot hun![^]xxx

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

desperate
18-11-05, 16:35
Well done!!!!

Sarah

Piglet
18-11-05, 17:40
Oh mate thats brilliant - well done you :D

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

kazo
18-11-05, 20:21
Hi chuckle hun

Well done mate :D[^][8D]

take care kazo xxx

Sue K with 5
19-11-05, 01:07
Hi Chuck

have not been on for a few days, I am so sorry you have had a set back, but this all normal, we go 20 forward and 10 back, dont worry - face that little bugger Anxiety and walk back into that shop again - Dont let it beat you

You deserve better and you will achieve it

Take care for now and dont give in

We are all here for you

Sue with 5

scknight

chucklehound
19-11-05, 14:34
hi Desperate, Kazo, Piglet and Sue and thank you for your replies. i really do appreciate your support!

Thank you :D[^]:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx