PDA

View Full Version : Job

Louise2009
03-12-09, 09:52
Hiya,
Feeling really awful today, have been off work for 8 months with anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia and yesterday I resigned from my job. It was the job of my dreams, but the pressure just got to me, and now I've lost it. Feeling awful. Hope I have done the right thing.

Louise

erin31
03-12-09, 10:18
Hi Louise.
If the pressure was too much for you then you have done the right thing.
We all need to concerntrate on getting better and to do this we sometimes have to do things that don't feel good at the time but which we know will help us in the long run.
:hugs:

candee86
03-12-09, 10:28
Hey Louise,

I am going through the same thing as you....been off work with anxiety and panic for a few months and I am also considering resigning! How did you go about it? What did you say? I am scared of doing it...more to their reaction than anything else! What you doing for money and stuff now? You will be able to get another amazing job when you are better :) you'll be stronger then too! Just concentrate on getting yourself better :) xxxx hugs

gcl86
03-12-09, 12:07
Hi guys, was in the same position there myself recently, although it wasnt the job of my dreams, i hated it but it was money and had to make a choice of leaving my job and possibly losing everything around me because of my anxiety.
After being off for 3 odd months from my work i took the hard decision to resign.
I had to rely on my partner financially for everything until i could find another job (but i worried of course about if anyone else would employ me now because of it!)
Im now working in a job i really enjoy and i feel totally relaxed in and everything is stable again.
If your not happy in your job because of anxiety, no matter how good the job is is not worth risking your health over. I hope you keep us up to date with how your doing!
G

mandie
03-12-09, 12:42
Hi Louise

Sorry to hear u are going through this.

I have been off work now for 18 months with anxiety and panic attacks

My panic attacks started due to my manager at work, and i have had no support whatsoever from anybody there.

Im still employed, but after seeing occupational health dr last week, he has said it would not be in my best interest to go back ever and has written to them to let them no.

I used to love my job and after being off for so long my confidence is at an all time low :(

I feel like i will never go back to work now.

Take care

mandie x