PDA

View Full Version : Headache numbness stiff neck

anx mum
03-12-09, 15:34
Not only now do i he a headache for past few days have had numbness in my left side of face and mouth my nero still isnt giving me an answer for this but i am so scared:weep:. If things arent bad enough my work r being unsupportive about me being off cant help bein ill so sick of feeling like this

LaurenMay
03-12-09, 23:34
Hey hun.

Ive seen a few posts from you but never knew how to respond as I havent experienced it first hand.

What I can say is that my mum suffered serious HA to the point of a mental breakdown when she was my age (24), and not to sound harsh, but it seems if you keep stressing yourself this is where you will head. (Not that its a bad thing, my mum is much stronger person for it!).

From what you have mentioned in previous posts it ALL seems stress related. You have lived in agony for months - but your still here, tests are normal etc. You are imposing this agony on yourself. All i can say is please stop. Stop letting them over-ride you. You get a pain, say 'ok, you do what you gotta do but I am doing to iron (or whatever it is you need to do)' thus means you getting less stressed and your body knows it cant get to you.

You WILL be fine, this is NOT going to kill you.

I am only just starting to understand the ******** of HA - its shit. utter shit. You need to know its stress, thats it. But until you believe it it will stay with you.

L x

nomorepanic
03-12-09, 23:51
It is all anxiety related and I suggest you get some relaxation cd's and have a warm bath and chill out.

There is nothing physically wrong and I am afraid to say that it is all in the mind but it is.

You have to look after yourself and turn this around - only you can do it I am afraid.

Lou 1
03-12-09, 23:58
Hey When i become really anxious i get quite bad headaches especially at the back of my head in my muscles, i also get numbness down the right side of my face usually under my eye, along my jaw and around my nose, my hands and arms also go numb too. (its more a loss of sensation rather than total numbness) I was so worried about this my gp reffered me to a neurologist who said everything was ok and its anxiety (that was about 5 years ago)
Still get these symptoms but have just had to accept that its anxiety - currently having cbt to help me through this.
I know how really furstrating and worrying this can be - all the best xx

Nicky1983
09-01-10, 21:30
Not only now do i he a headache for past few days have had numbness in my left side of face and mouth my nero still isnt giving me an answer for this but i am so scared:weep:. If things arent bad enough my work r being unsupportive about me being off cant help bein ill so sick of feeling like this

Hi i have had continuous headaches for six weeks now and the feeling of numbness in my left and right side of my face.Tired of taking pain killers now, but i keep getting a pain in my right eye and numbness under my eye. had test done but all are fine. Notsure what to do. But it's really worrying when you don't know what it is and what is causing it to happen, and doctors seem to fob you off saying it's stress and give you pain killers it does your head in. What would work rather do support you or have you in to work and you fall ill, The doctor should help you abit more with sicknotes and tell the doctor that you could lose you job if the doctor don't help you asap as that is how you get through life by working for your family.