PDA

View Full Version : Flashing unwanted ocd thoughts

phil06
03-12-09, 20:46
Anybody else suffer flashing horrible images when thinking about anything sex/anything in the bedroom department? It's a bit off putting having awful negative thoughts. I think i worried about it now I'm fighting to block negative images out or it drops my sex drive. I know you can't fight then but under the circumstances? It seems my OCD clings into my fears.

Anybody else had this?

This explains how I feel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_obsessions

I know it's false but putting me off any mood. I've been suffering this kind of OCD for about a year so I feel it's a more sever alarming signal that it's taking over.

snippy
03-12-09, 20:58
hi just has to answer,,,I think Don Johnson from miami vice had an impulse like this,,,,,I wish I had this xxx and he went to a sex clinic,,,,,i dont think OCD comes in this category tho,,,I suffer from OCD and wish it were in mine,,,I am usually to tired to think about that after 5/6 hours of tapping,,,

Regards

julia,,,,aka jools

phil06
03-12-09, 21:07
It's not really an inpulse..it troubled me before but let it pass but now I worry as these thoughts just flash in so real. I think it's defo OCD. Just unwanted thoughts.

suzy-sue
03-12-09, 22:00
Are you receiving any therapy or and taking any Medication Phil ? tThanks SUE X

phil06
03-12-09, 22:13
Are you receiving any therapy or and taking any Medication Phil ? tThanks SUE X

Not really just considered some rescue remedy heard it relaxes people?

How can it be treated when it becomes that bad though..you can't fight the thoughts, allowing them lets the sex drive die? I read about pure ocd which it could be.

Heard there's big waiting lists too.

suzy-sue
03-12-09, 22:24
There are waiting lists ,But it can really help .You really need to give it a try .Lots of things interfere with sex drive but its not something that cant be overcome with the right help .Anything that is interfering with your life so bad needs help of some kind ,You are shown how to think differently .Learning to relax properly is something else that some people need to be shown how to do .Do you have a Dr who you can go and see about all this Phil ? it can make so much difference to your life .What have you got to lose ? Please think about it Sue x

Maj
03-12-09, 22:26
Lustral is very good for stopping repeated thoughts/obsessions. You don't have to struggle on your own.
Myra:hugs:

phil06
03-12-09, 22:49
There are waiting lists ,But it can really help .You really need to give it a try .Lots of things interfere with sex drive but its not something that cant be overcome with the right help .Anything that is interfering with your life so bad needs help of some kind ,You are shown how to think differently .Learning to relax properly is something else that some people need to be shown how to do .Do you have a Dr who you can go and see about all this Phil ? it can make so much difference to your life .What have you got to lose ? Please think about it Sue x

Relaxed breathing does no good. Eating healthy is not always easy.

What kind of relaxation helps this kind of ocd or any ocd? :wacko: Somethings I try I end up get anxious making them work.

Maj
03-12-09, 22:54
ocd is anxiety based so Sue is right in saying that relaxation would help. I know it's not easy though. If it is really troubling you then without a doubt I would ask for meds as a wee crutch to get you on the road to recovery. I haven't taken meds for years but would have no hesitation if I ever suffered from repeated thoughts again. Although I completely understand why they happen sometimes I think the serotonin in your brain needs a wee kick-start.
Myra x

phil06
04-12-09, 00:15
ocd is anxiety based so Sue is right in saying that relaxation would help. I know it's not easy though. If it is really troubling you then without a doubt I would ask for meds as a wee crutch to get you on the road to recovery. I haven't taken meds for years but would have no hesitation if I ever suffered from repeated thoughts again. Although I completely understand why they happen sometimes I think the serotonin in your brain needs a wee kick-start.
Myra x

I don't really want more meds. I am considering asking for this CBT Therapy can anybody tell me more about it? I'd be worried if I say OCD to the doctor they say instant meds! Yep it is kind of troubling me, feel it's getting on top of me, persistent negative thoughts.

I can't keep going on letting OCD control my life. I find alot doesn't work for me as I can't find the motivation. I'm almost happy to put up with the anxiety. I keep saying to myself I will try and not let OCD beat me but I fail. Maybe I'm a bit lazy when it comes to motivation..to put you in the picture through out my life I CAN do things, I probably know how to beat the ocd ect..I failed alot of exams not because I never understood at college but because I switch off..Focusing on interviews/driving lessons can be hard at times...I'll happily sit and think about Football or the xbox and hope for the best lol But I'm a 21 year old guy is that not normal?

Obviously I know the hand washing thing I need to hold off and say "No". I feel guilty just washing and washing and washing as I feel anything I touch is dirty.

Looking at it now I can see how ridiculous it is..I kind of need to do something myself to stop it whatever I do help or no help or both? It's not always easy as you have good/bad days some methods work better than others. But to allow it to go on and on and on, I can't that's why right now I feel like washing my hands but I am not going to.. :roflmao:

suzy-sue
04-12-09, 16:07
If you find it impossible to relax ,you need to be shown ..Your Dr will be able to suggest where you can go or even arrange it for you .It does work ,but it is very hard to start and takes a lot of comitment and motivation to keep doing it ..At the end of the day you get out of something what you put in ..The right medication will help put you in the right place to be able to do this and help control your symptoms .If you had pain in your body you would take painkillers ,,its no different ,,A good CBT THERAPIST will definately benefit you .Go see your Dr and explain how you are and get on the waiting list .Discuss with him other things that will help .you just need to accept you cant do it on your own ..Good luck ..Sue x