PDA

View Full Version : cold or swine flu?

LaurenMay
03-12-09, 23:11
Hi guys,

wasnt sure where to post this as not sure if its a cold I have or the onset of swine flu!! Felt crap for the past two days, i dont feel achy just all seems to be in the head area. My brother has got SF at the moment and I spent the day with him sunday but he only seemed sniffly like I am now...hmm

Anyway, main reason I am posting is that I feel out of breathe since symptoms started and very thirsty - has anyone else had this with a common cold or swine flu??

Thanks in advance

L x

Mya
03-12-09, 23:53
I have the same thing as you at the moment. Everything in my head,short of breath and dehyrdated.

My understanding of swine flu is not only do you have the cold/flu symptoms, but you also have stomach problems as well. It makes me more scared because of the stomach issues since I suffer from emetophobia. I highly dought you have swine flu and it is probably a bad cold. I hope you feel better soon xx

Lou 1
04-12-09, 00:14
My boyfriend was diagnosed with Swine flu three weeks ago - He had a temp of 39.2 very achy, diarreah, sickness, sorethroat and really couldnt get out of bed for a few days.
He also felt very dehydrated and was told by nhs direct that this was due to the fluids he was loosing and the high temp - he was given tamiflu and was fine within a few days.
He just drank a lot of water and stayed in bed. When u say you feel out of breath - do u have chest or back pain and is your chest wheezing?

tnt808
04-12-09, 01:28
All 3 of my girls had it, and there symptoms were achy, sore throat, fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, extremely tired. As far as vomiting/diarrhea we had none here. You don't have to have those 2 symptoms for it to be swine flu.

Mya
04-12-09, 02:16
Sorry LaurenMay

It seems tnt808 and I have conflicting information so if you are real worried you should check with your doctor. I am sure you are ok but to ease your anxiety it may be best to get it checked out, especially if you are not feeling better soon. Hope you feel well soon.

looking4answers
04-12-09, 02:19
Yes but I have about ten people I know of that has had it.. and I can tell you ,if you feel like posting here im pretty sure you don't have it and if you do its very mild and easily cured.. Im not a doctor but from the experience of these ten ..I can tell you ..you don't want to sit on a computer unless its a very mild case. Michael