PDA

View Full Version : Major anxiety after eating!!

willtheconk1998
04-12-09, 09:22
Hey Guys I haven't posted for a while but have just started taking Propranolol to help my anxiety symptoms most of which have been centered around my heart.
I have suffered with ectopics and tachycardia off and on for years.
Have had all the tests most recently heart scan and ECG and 24 hr tape and cardiologist says heart is healthy!
All these have shown ectopic beats and sinus tachycardia and i have been in hospital a couple of times overnight with it all.
Anyhoo!
I have noticed that a lot of these episodes come on after eating but mainly at night.
Doctor suggested I cut MSG from my diet as I might be sensitive which I have along with caffeine and have reduced alcohol to virtually nil and this has helped a bit.
I am still noticing that my heart rate can shoot up after a meal tho!!
My normal heart rate is around 70 but can hit mid high 90's and once i become aware of it I think I start to panic and it can go as high as 120/130 bpm.
I have been started on Propranolol to take the edge of the heart rate symptoms (low dose and so far and it is working ok) the only thing is that after eating normally half an hour to an hour afterwards I am still feeling all the anxiety symptoms kicking off. My pulse still goes up to around 90 but feels faster which is weird.
I am my own worst enemy tho as I am constantly pulse checking for "reassurance" and when I notice it going up I start to panic.
Anyone else experience this increase in heart rate after eating or at night??
It mainly happens after teat time or if I eat late (big or small meals)
It is very annoying!
Just wondered if anyone else had this and if anyone managed to overcome it and the pulse checking habit and how?? as I know the checking is a contributing factor to my pulse going up etc. Will.

Danath
04-12-09, 13:03
are you emetophobic at all?(fear of being sick) as I have had anxiety after meals or during meals in the past but mainly due to the fear of throwing the meal back up.

Dan

Amazeen
04-12-09, 18:41
I get the same thing. If I eat to much, or to much of something that I'm sensitive to, e.g. bread or pasta. My heart rate goes up which makes me panic which makes my heart rate go higher etc. I think alot of people with IBS get this and I don't think you should worry about it. Try to relax, and in time you'll get over this if you keep focused on doing what's right for you.