PDA

View Full Version : Its another Breast one! need someone to help me think straight :)

meg86
04-12-09, 10:35
Hello Ladies :)

Really need your help on this, anxiety is clouding my judgement and i cant really think straight.

I was having bad breast pain last month, mainly in my left breast it started 10 days before my period, i waited until my period was well finished and i was still in pain, during this time i started to poke and prod my left breast about 10 times a day, i couldnt find anything but continued with this and then one day i though ooo i think i feel something near the top near my armpit!!

I got myself in a huge state i wasnt sure if it was a lump or just tissue so went to the doctor.

He examined me and said there is definately no lumps there but your tissue feels swollen which can be caused by a minor hormone fluctuation.

I decided to stop poking and my breast ain reduced alot, i started having pain again as i was due on my period again and it stopped as soon as my period started, which i know is good news and means that my pain was hormone related.

However! i have started poking and prodding again and most of the time feel nothing but sometimes thing ooo i feel a little something, when i examine using shower gel so my hand is well lubricated i feel nothing in the slightest, but when i dont examine like this im just not sure!!!

My boyfriend felt for me and my mum and they both said that they felt nothing at all just normal tissue under in my breast.

I just cant think straight, i cant feel a lump for sure, but i just dont know! the tissue is alot thicker in my left breast than my right, my mum said a lump feels like a bean in a balloon as she has had one before and if i did have a lump i would know for sure and the doctor, her and my boyfriend would feel it for sure.

I have pretty much convinced myself something is there and cant think straight, anxiety has caused my so many health worries which i believed to be true so i cant really trust my own judgement, just need some advice :( thanks for reading xxx

tashbarnes87
04-12-09, 11:21
Hi hun, sorry to hear your having a tough time but one things for sure you WOULD know if you had a lump i had one in march and it was 1cm by 1 cm and felt like a kidney bean and the moment i gave myself a boob examine i felt it. Im only 21 but was convinced it was the big c, went to the doc who felt it straght away as did my boyfriend ( seriously it was obvious) and ended up needing a biopsy which turned out to be a milk cyst as i had just given up breastfeeding. anyhooo you have had 3 people (4 if you count yourself) who have felt nothing! doctors are very carefull not to miss anything and as i said you dont have to go digging & feeling around for a lump its obvious. Your fine hun :) x

meg86
04-12-09, 11:41
Thanks so much for replying :) yea im only 23, and have always given myself regular breast exams, its like i wouldnt give up until i found something! i just wish i could snap myself out of this, my left breast does feel different to my right but thats always been the case, and when i feel myself with a lubricated hand and without it feels different and i dont know which one to trust, i can feel something but i have to press soooo hard and yea its not obvious.

Wish i could take everyones advice on board, anxiety has made me convince myself something is there, thanks again!! :hugs:

miss diagnosis
04-12-09, 12:50
Hi ya

My boobs have been really sore the last few weeks aswell..with no noticable lumps or bumps. I have put it down to the cold as the girls in the office are complaining of breast pain too. cold can affect everywhere!

marie1974
04-12-09, 14:08
hi hun, i had the same problem and had wot i thought was a lump under my right arm, i went to docs and she examined me and my boobs were all fine and she said she feels something but nothing to worry bout and she thinks its where i shave under my arms, i still prod and poke and make it hurt and panic, but i have been told its fine, so i try to keep busy and not think too much, i know that can b hard to do though, hugs xx

meg86
14-12-09, 15:19
thanks for the lovely replies!!

The breast saga still continues!! i went back to the doctors for a second opinion, she said she couldnt feel any lumps and didnt seem to concerned and prescribed me some anti inflammatries.

My poor boob has been poked and probed soo many times its extremely painful, i didnt poke for nearly a week yay me! but didnt take the tablets (yes im naughty).

Yesterday, however i poked and my poor breast felt soo hard and my tissue feels like big hard lumps (this wasnt there before).

My mum felt and said yea i can feel big fatty lumps, i can feel similar on the right one its just not half as inflammed (i havnt been poking that one, but the left side feels huge!)

So i believe that i have caused my tissue to swell further because if my constant poking and have started taking the tablets today.

Wish me luck!! and it was be great to know if anyone has been through anything similar.

Louisejane
14-12-09, 18:01
Hi, I think I can relate a little to what your going through. I had a CT scan this year for chest pains I had been having. All was clear although the doctor said I have nodular (sp) breast tissue and should think of getting an ultrasound. This sent me into panic mode as I'd never considered it might be a breast problem!!

Anyway, a visit to my GP and a poke around and she said there was nothing untoward going on and some people just have more lumpy breasts than others naturally. I know it's easy to say this and alot harder to accept it but unless you notice something that you are CERTAIN is different then it's sounds like your doctor is spot on. I hope you start to feel better about it soon and the inflammation goes down. :hugs: