PDA

View Full Version : Weird one! sharp stabbing pain in nose

countrygirl
04-12-09, 10:35
I keep getting a pain like an electric shock up one nostril! inside my nose feels sore and my gum is tender and tingling under that side of nose. I don't have a cold or any nasty stuff coming out of nose.

I have had similar attacks before had one just over a year ago on other side only the pain was where nose joins face again with tender tingling gum -and tender inside nostril - Dr was puzzled - gave me antibiotics in case of sinus infection but before I could take them it changed sides!!! then went away completely.

I do have temperature sensitive nasal linings and if I get cold air up nose then I can get these electric shock pains for a few days aferwards and cannot have nasal oxygen because of this but its so weird. haven't had cold air up my nose only thing is a new car and took ages to work out how to switch off the fan so travelled for a couple of hours with air blowing around car but it was warm air?????????

I get so fed up of wierd pains and symptoms that make Drs look at me funny.

staceymkerr
18-03-11, 00:26
Not weird at all! I have the same issues, but no answers! Same thing over here, sinus infection, doubt it. it cmes and goes. right now, it goes, LOL
needs some answers!:mad:

holly87
18-03-11, 19:43
i get noise pain too .. it was only last night that i had it my nose was really hurting on one side i dont know why or what it is x

Oooscasianooo
09-12-11, 04:23
Have you guys figured out what's been causing this? I thought I was the only one:( Help:(

macc noodle
09-12-11, 07:04
My son has this and I am sure it is just sinuses being irritated by heating and dryness in the atmosphere now that winter is upon us.

laurenkef
11-06-13, 19:35
Not to scare anyone, but my symptoms sure are similar to what's described in Wikipedia for "Trigeminal Neuralgia". Just less intense and shorter.