PDA

View Full Version : Kidney/Water Infection?

Trish
04-12-09, 10:41
I would be grateful if someone could through some light on this...

Went to gp on Tuesday as i was feeling off colour, nothing major i just didn't feel right. Told her i had a slight pain in my lower back around the kidney area. She examined me and said i was quite tender in that area and it could be a kidney/water infection and for me to do a water sample...i'm still waiting for the results. hopefully they will be back today.

However, i have not got a fever which i believe i would expect to have if i had an infection:shrug:but this morning i have the same pain but on both sides, it's a very dull pain & ache, it is deffo not muscular:ohmy:

I'm getting myself a tad worked up over this as tomorrow i am travelling a fair way for my Nephew's wedding and i don't want to fall ill away from home.

Can someone have an infection without feeling rubbish? If my test comes back normal....what can this pain be??

Apart from the pain, i am going to the loo a lot more, but it doesn't sting:shrug:

Thanks in advance.

Trish x

Trish
04-12-09, 11:06
I've just rang the surgery and my test results have come back clear which is good, but what the heck can this pain be?

Trish x

Typer
04-12-09, 19:05
Could be muscle. I have pulled a muscle around those areas and been convinced it is kidneys but no, it was muscle.

lauren6
04-12-09, 22:33
I can speculate what it is NOT. I had a kidney stone and the pain was only on one side. If you had a kidney infection, you would have fever, lots of pain and it would have shown something on the urine test. If it were a urinary tract infection, also would have shown up. The fact that it is on both sides sounds more muscular to me. You may have lifted something, bent a certain way. I woke up with the same pain, then remembered that I was in an awkward position yesterday when I was cleaning the bathtub.

If it persists, get a scan of some kind. There just aren't many things in that spot other than our kidneys and they eliminated that possibility. Just my opinion, please post when it goes away (my strong feeling is that it will). Also know that stress can do this, makes all of our muscles tense. My back ONLY goes out when I am under stress.