PDA

View Full Version : Colorectal Update

messianictalmud
04-12-09, 21:30
Well went to see my colorectal consultant to discuss my fears on having a colonoscopy, mainly as I would need to stop my warfarin meds 5 days in advance; this concerns me as I have had quite a few clots .

Well to my horror he tells me there's no safe way to get someone off warfarin and back on again for certain procedures.

However he did say that I have a valid reason for not having a standard colonoscopy, so he his going to get advice from a Heamatologist as to how to procede.

The other thing he said, which I didn't have to time to ask him about was; was that there is always the option of CT scan of the colon or a barium enema but again I would either need to stop or reduce my warfarin.
I just can't think of any logical point as to why my warfarin could affect these two test ? Any ideas anyone ?

Am quite anxious about this even though my consultants looking into things for me and he knows I have anxiety & panic disorder.

messianictalmud
05-02-10, 20:29
Saw him again on Wednesday since Christmas I have been on Buscopan and things have settled so he feels I dont need the colonoscopy but will review me in clinic in 2 months time!

Maj
05-02-10, 20:50
That's good news that the Buscopan has worked. It'll be a relief for you!
Myra:hugs:

messianictalmud
06-02-10, 11:05
Yes Myra my GP says Buscopan is a wonder drug!