PDA

View Full Version : hi, i'm new to this but not new to anxiety!

sylvia-rose
04-12-09, 23:35
I have not been free from anxiety problems since i was 20 years old and now i am 35 and the problem seems to have intensified in the last few weeks with sporadic and overwhelming panic symptoms(which seem to take so many forms now-never know whats coming next) and from this my phobias gain strength and plague my mind.
I'm having a bad night tonight because i dyed my hair yesterday and have worried about the warnings on the info sheet and now it feels as though my head is on fire and i feel very terrified and i am drinking some wine to help me keep calm.
Even when i don't have a specific fear these days i never seem to have a free moment from apprehension and dread because when i get the symptoms i cant easily tell the difference between whats in the mind and reality.
I have one friend who is a great help but i know his patience is wearing thin and also my family-this has gone on for too long and it's too much for them to bear. I'm not myself, they don't see the good things i possess inside which i can't give because my disorder/condition is all they see. It has taken over and my life is not my own.
I am getting older and feel further away from myself and any future i may make. I'm sure others here feel as helpless, frustrated and alienated. When you are going through a bad phase the end never seems in sight.
I just want to get through tonight...my thoughts go out to fellow sufferers.

nomorepanic
04-12-09, 23:37
Hi sylvia-rose

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

eva12
05-12-09, 09:25
Hello
I'm new to this too but have already felt better having just got my feelings off my chest to people who truly undersand.
I know how you feel when you say there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.In the midst of a panic attack i think that i'll never feel "normal" again.But it does pass eventually.I once had a panic after i'd had a tattoo done...similar to your panic with the hair dye.You are not alone and this site seems to have lots of supportive people and lots of advice.I'm glad i've found it and i'm sure you will be too
Take care x

messianictalmud
05-12-09, 13:25
Welcome from me to!