PDA

View Full Version : Thank u all!! still very troubled though......

yeppy
17-11-05, 20:44
thank you all so much for the replies and links. much appreiated and so good to know im not alone!!!

stil not quite there yet.... still struggling to get my head round this one. how can the doctor be so sure that im not going to do anything crazy?? he reassures me i'm not but horrible things like murders happen all the time. do murderers not start out with these thoughts??it scares me to death imagining me going the same way and ending up in a mental institute!!

yesterday was horrible. i heard about a woman being murdered. automatically a thought popped into my head "she must of deserved it". how awful is that! i feel ashamed and disgusted with myself but at the time it just seemed like a normal everyday thought. what sane person thinks such a horrible thing???

this 2 weeks has been the worse time ever

rozza
17-11-05, 22:46
I think the same sort of stuff. Rationally I am a kind hearted, friendly, chatty, basically nice person. But sometimes I feel I am putting on this act because if the person near to me knew what went on in my head I think they would run a mile sometimes!! But like Nigel says, it is only a thought not an instruction. I have made myself some flash cards that I keep in my purse saying things like 'that isn't going to happen', 'it's just a thought' etc... which I can take out and look at if the thoughts go throught my head to remind me off what I'm like when I'm thinking normally. Maybe you can do the same? What treatment has the doctor offered?

Roz x

'All I want is to be normally insane' Marlon Brando

Meg
17-11-05, 22:52
* because if the person near to me knew what went on in my head I think they would run a mile sometimes!! *

Think thats the same for all people. Sometimes I used to look at the next car along from me and wondered what they were thinking about, whether they were struggling and half the time I don't really think I would want to know what was buzzing around ....

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?