PDA

View Full Version : Rib pain - Is it something more???

ISLASMUMMY
05-12-09, 18:46
Evening all,

I have built something up in my head I think, and now my breathing has gone funny because of overbreathing, and sighing.................

I have a pain that starts under my left armpit approx level with my boob, it goes down a few inches, and under my boob..........it almost feels like a throbbing, stingy pain!!!

Is this anything sinister, its been there for a couple of weeks but getting worse (I feel)...........my OH thinks it is because its the side I carry my daughter on......but I dont think it feels like a pulled muscle

Anyone else get this! Help!!

Lisa xxx

Mya
05-12-09, 19:06
Hi

I get something similar when my anxiety has been in full gear for a bit. I also lift things a lot and I am sure it has something to do it with it. I believe mine is do to all the tension in my body, but mainly from improper breathing due to my anxiety. I think I am gulping in air and it causes many different pains not only in my ribs, but also my back and stomach. I hope you feel better soon. xxoo

Cell block H fan
05-12-09, 19:10
Probably not a pulled muscle, but muscle tension. I work with picking things up, not always heavy things, but I get a fair bit of jabbing pain in my right arm, & I pick things up with my right hand, so I put it down to that.
I reckon if we all measured our top arms, one would be slightly bigger than the other, simply because we use it more.
If I was in your shoes, I would probably really concentrate on picking your daughter up in the other arm, & see what happens x

kaijo
08-12-09, 23:50
I had this and went to a doctor today who said it was slipped facet joints in my spine he quickly clicked my back there and then and it has gone! I would ask you doc about this xx

sonia lane
02-01-10, 17:56
hi i get a numbness in the middle of my back to the left like around my rib area, im to scared to go doctors, i do over breath lots...