PDA

View Full Version : Here it comes again.....strange symptoms when beginning to relax!!

Mya
05-12-09, 21:11
Please someone reach out to me if you have experienced this. After having over 1 month of daily panic attacks and chronic anxiety, it seems that now once I FINALLY begin to relax - I am getting strange symptoms again. These include, spaciness, dizziness and exhaustion. All of these symptoms are just revving up the anxiety again. I have all these horrible thoughts such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and many others. I am hoping this is just my body slowing down from being in long-standing panic mode. All it is doing is making me go back into gear for my "chronic danger" thoughts. Can anyone relate to this and do you know if your body would show these symptoms when it begins to relax after long bouts of anxiety and panic? This is just a never ending cycle. :weep:

Thanks for any help

Jordan..x
05-12-09, 21:59
Hi Babe..
I Have Panic Attacks & Also Very Bad Anxiety, But Ii Cannot Relate To This,,
My Best Advice Is To Speak With Your G.P
Ii Hope You Feel Well Soon..x

andrea thompson
05-12-09, 22:57
hi hon. i can sort of relate to this... recently i had a panic attack that seemed to come in waves... i would sort myself out, calm down try to relax and it would all kick in again... i have spoken to my dr and got some anti depressents, i am on the sick from work and i have been told to relax ... i must say i feel better just having talked to someone and been given some re assurance. i hope you start to feel better soon...

x x

BigDaz
05-12-09, 23:35
When you're calm you've got more time to notice how your feeling so it's a catch 22 sometimes. I think it's normal for symptoms to change over time though, it's not an indication that things are getting worse. I go for weeks feeling incredibly anxious, then weeks of relative calm, the symptoms change, come and go like the weather.

Kirsty-Jayne
05-12-09, 23:50
Hey Mya.. I'm sorry you're feeling like this.. sometimes thats all our tired bodies wants to do is relax.. and when we are anxious while relaxed, the feelings seem to never end. Do you do alot during the day? Sometimes when i over do myself on a good day, i feel even worse the next.. i sit down sometimes and i've felt like i've been shopping on my feet all day and haven't even put my feet up.. When in actual fact i've just been walking to the kitchen and back.. Try not to do much on a good day, see if that makes a difference.. anxiety is a horrible thing to have to deal with,Panic attacks too.. but think of it as your excess adrenaline (cos thats all it is).. and that you're body is just merely attempting to protect you against harm.. nothing more.. =] x

Mya
06-12-09, 22:14
Thank you to all of you for your kind words. They have put my mind at ease. I am feeling much better and I really do think it is my body trying to relax after a very long bout of severe anxiety. It is such a wear on our bodies. I have an appointment tomorrow with my doctor and will ask her if this happens at times.

BigDaz - I can really relate to what you are saying. It is so amazing how our symptoms will change so much. It is very much like the weather! For instance, my panic attacks can all be different as well. So amazing what our minds can do!

Thank you to all of you for your support and advice. Much appreciated! I hope you all feel better as well. I think part of the key is just accepting strange symptoms and riding them out. Once we begin to get anxious, everything magnifies from there. Take care xxoo

snippy
06-12-09, 22:42
whats all this,,,,:ohmy: I am here if you need me :hugs: making me sad now:weep: just read this and thought OMG !!!!!!

Hope you are ok :hugs:

Mya
06-12-09, 22:47
Awww, thank you, Snippy!:bighug1:And I am here for YOU ALWAYS!:bighug1:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's ooooooooooooooo's

snippy
06-12-09, 22:57
drop me a line what time your appointment is tom:) and i will be thinking of you ok :hugs:remember to speak honest and be proud of yourself:D and when you get back I will be on here to find out how you got on,,ok:hugs:

sending you all the :bighug1:accross the sea !!!!!!

julia,,,aka jools xxxxxxxxxxxx(thinking of you tom,,,good luck)

Mya
06-12-09, 23:05
What a sweetheart you are :)

I really appreciate the love and support I receive on this site even being across the sea.

I will let you know how it goes and am so very grateful for all your support :hugs:

Know I am always here for you, hun. You never have to feel alone and no one ever should.

Take care
xxxooo