PDA

View Full Version : hi, im laura and new to the site

laura1984
05-12-09, 21:30
Im laura and i have been suffering with panic attacks for as long as i can remember and has now developed into depression aswell.

I started taking beta blockers as my attacks were causing me to have high blood pressure and have telephone conversations with a counsellor and over time the attacks had decreased dramatically but recently i have found that i needed something more for depression so ive now changed to prozac.

Im now on day6 of the prozac tablets and have to admit it has been an absolute nightmare with side effects, my panic attacks are more frequent and worse than ive ever experienced and even a simple task like getting my children to and from school feels like the biggest mountain to climb. i almost wish id never taken them as i find the panic attacks more difficult to overcome than depression. But at the same time really want to sit it out and see if i feel better all round once the tablets have kicked in.
Today i have even cut out all caffeine products just to see if that helps, and i will certainly miss my coffee even though i only normally have 2-3 aday.

If anyone is going through the same sort of thing or taking prozac, please message me as i would like to know if there is any light at the end of this dark tunnel. x

nomorepanic
05-12-09, 21:37
Hi laura1984

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Marti36
05-12-09, 21:45
Hi laura. :)

laura1984
05-12-09, 21:54
hi Marti:D

eva12
05-12-09, 22:30
Hi Laura
I'm also on beta-blockers for panic attacks and seeing a mental health nurse.I feel depression is coming on too as just lately i just cant seem to get a grip..i'm just crying all the time for nothing.
But i have been here before and although i see no rhyme or reason for this happening again i know that it will pass and there is light at the end of the tunnel!
I can't believe the difference it has made just talking on here..it really does help so stick with us!
I'll be in chat in just a few more days..hope to speak to you then
A
x