PDA

View Full Version : irregular heartbeat and scared

diddler
05-12-09, 22:25
hi,
i just wondered if anyone else gets this, i've just layed down to go to sleep, when my heart went irregular usually when i stand up it takes it away but this time it didn't, im really frightened im that scared i cant stop crying, it felt like strong beat little beat but not in a regular rhythm x

Rosslyn
05-12-09, 22:42
Have you actually taken your pulse? Sometimes it could just be a palpitation and you are "feeling" irregular heartbeat, while your heart could be beating normal. I used to get that - sometimes I would wake up suddenly and feel my heart is racing.

The doctor said to me that the bottom line is if you are not experiencing other problems - breathing, chest pain, vision change, etc - there should be no problem. If you are really really worried, go check it out, and once you've been cleared for physical problems, if it happens again, you know it can't hurt you.

Hope you feel better!

Alisonj
05-12-09, 22:46
A cardiologist that I saw told me that every single person has irregular heart beats. But those with anxiety are so in tune with their bodies that we feel them and others dont. It happens to me every couple days or so and I just let it do its thing and wait for it to return to normal. I remember one boxing day I was having them alot. I started stressing out about it and they just kept happening so I went to the ER, the monitored them for a few hours did bloodwork and an EKG and everything was fine. Once the tests came back ok I calmed down and they went away. So if you can try to just accept them and they will get better. If you have any other symptoms etc then no harm in getting it looked at. First thing is to realize they cant and wont hurt you. Search on here about ectopic beats and you will be amazed how many of us have them.

diddler
05-12-09, 23:00
thanku, i've had ecg and bloodwork, a 24 hour ecg and 48 hour one, they came back fine but dint seem 2 hav the really scary ones while i was wearing them, it just seem 2 last longer then usual, like a strong beat as though heart was bangin up then a floppy one like beating down, sorry guys just scared me x

peter34uk
06-12-09, 08:37
thanku, i've had ecg and bloodwork, a 24 hour ecg and 48 hour one, they came back fine but dint seem 2 hav the really scary ones while i was wearing them, it just seem 2 last longer then usual, like a strong beat as though heart was bangin up then a floppy one like beating down, sorry guys just scared me x

So how long did it go on for?

Ive had ectopics that were coming like 3-4 every minute and lasted for about 2 days. Very scary, but what can u do??

diddler
07-12-09, 13:09
sorry may not seem long, was bout 30 seconds and usually when i stand or sit it takes it off but still carried on when i was stood up, just felt like my pulse was all over, sorry to hear bot that, hows that feel to have them that often x

Typer
07-12-09, 13:10
My doc told me this week that when they start, go for a long walk. Have been trying this and it's helped

diddler
11-12-09, 18:04
thanku 2 everyone