PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Mono
06-12-09, 04:09
Hi I am a new member. I am currently suffering from depression and chronic anxiety and waiting on a doctors appointment. This is my second bout, the first was 5 years ago. The chronic anxiety is very hard to deal with as my body is in a constant state of tension, that is much worst in the mornings and a little better in the evenings. Now it is 4 am here and I am of course doing this task as one way of dealing with it :) I find when I am really tired I can lay down and it goes and I can sleep for a few hours. Does anyone else suffer or has suffered chronic anxiety?

nomorepanic
06-12-09, 04:12
Hi Mono

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Veronica H
08-12-09, 11:51
:welcome:Mono. Many here can identify with the way you are feeling.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.

Veronica