PDA

View Full Version : Hello - newbie here

Gemini1967
06-12-09, 10:23
Hi i'm new to this, found this site on google this morning. I need some help. I have come on my meds in July, with the help from my GP. it's been fine, but over the last few weeks i've started to get really anxious again and the same old things are happening. Like last night, just sitting watching TV and felt a twinge in chest. Now my sensible head is saying it was in my breast (currently have my period at the moment and always get sensitive/painful breasts) but my mind was saying it's my heart! Then my heart beat starts racing, i feel sick and have to calm myself down. I am on my own and dont really have anyone to talk to. I feel better this morning, but the feeling that i'm about to have a heart attack, even though i have no pain in my chest and no other symptoms is horrible. Does anyone else ever feel like this? THANKS X

diane07
06-12-09, 10:24
Hi Gemini1967

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Jellie
06-12-09, 10:30
Hi Gemini :)Wecome to the forum :D . I have the same thing sometimes (especially at the time of the month also), its not fun for sure *hugs* Sometimes i get it from just a small pain, and also if i have pain in my ribs too, its very scary for sure :scared15: Though i know its anxiety my brain always tries to convince me its something worse. xx

Alana29
06-12-09, 10:31
Hello and welcome to the forum...
Yes i have that exact feeling,It will arise out of the blue...I also get twinges in breast when my period is due and sometimes think it's my chest ....Have to tell myself it's not.I get the sickness feeling and that feeling in the pit of my stomach (the feeling as though i need to go toilet sorry if tmi)
When you have anxiety you tend to get these feelings that something is wrong with your health..If i have just a slight sore hroat i feel panic,But before you get to the point where you feel no control over your body..Get up walk around the house just sorting washing or cleaning (takes your mind of it)...Try short deep breathing it regulates your heart rate and your chest starts to relax...I live by that method and it works wonders.
Don't worry,always remember that nothing is going to hurt you...I tell myself that my mind is having an overactive time and that it's all my thinking....Take your mind to a happy place where you felt in control or extremelly happy...It helps wonders with me and hope it will help you too
xx

Gemini1967
06-12-09, 10:40
Thanks guys, it's just reassuring that other people feel like that too. I know it's my mind overworking. I will try with the deep breathing and give that a go. I just wish sometimes I could just switch off my mind from overreacting!!! I really dont want to go back on Prozac as the side effects in the first few weeks made me feel horrendous and like a zombie. It takes me an hour drive to get to work and dont think i would be safe driving on the motorway like that. I dont really have any support, I'm single with a teenage daughter. I also dont want to tell my family. My sister is aware of problems i've had in the past but she is so caught up in her life at the moment. Thanks once again, I actually feel better just reading your replies.
Cheers x x

Gemini1967
06-12-09, 10:41
Forgot to say, are there any herbal remidies you recommend??? x

georgie_108
06-12-09, 10:46
I get that too, I get palpatations, my heart feels like it stops and then all of a sudden there is a huge pump. I can feel my heartbeat in my stomach. I hate feeling like this, I often wait for it to happen. This is horrible and I feel sympathy for anyone who shares this horrible problem. Are these symptoms normal? Should I see the doctor again?? i feel your pain and gradually you find different ways to calm down and take back a bit of control. xxx

Jellie
06-12-09, 10:57
I am a big fan of Yogi herb tea, as i'm scared to take certain tablets, which does seem to help a little when having symptoms, particually Ginger & Lemon (i drink perhaps too much :D) or Calming/Bedtime tea. They also do St Johns Wort tea etc. But am too scared to have it hehe.. I have started to take EPA but not sure whether it is helping yet :-) Rescue Remedy used to help a lot, though my anxiety has changed so it doesn't anymore, Recovery remedy plus. by ainsworths was the best i think, i use boots CALMDOWN! essence now. But deep breathing does help for sure, i do 4 breaths in and 8 breaths out through my nose which seems to help (i am constantly doing it now hehe) xx

catherine.v
06-12-09, 14:49
hi an new also ,, i get the same palpatations,my heart races, i start to sweat and i get breathless !! its soo bad !! but it only happens when i think about it ! so i have to keep my self busy witch isnt too hard being a mother of 3 !!! but i cant help but think about it i have to try and stop myself . i really hate having this and its good we can support eachother !! but go back to ur doctor i am going tomorrow !!!