PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal???

georgie_108
06-12-09, 11:35
I have been experiencing anxiety and panic attacks since having my son in 2008 and following that experiencing acid reflux disorder (had ambulance out twice) that seems to have triggered it all. I get palapatations, I feel my heart almost stop then a sudden big pump, sometimes I can feel my pulse (strongly) in my stomach (above belly button) my stomach churns, I go hot, my chest goes tight, my arms tingle I convince myself I am dying of a heart attack or blood clot and then I rush off to the walk in centre. I have seen the doc they assure me its anxiety, yet I still question what if it is more than that????? I feel like I am going mad, my persianlity has changed I am snappy and can't cope with stress very well anymore. I am waiting for concelling But I don;t feel normal anymore. Does anyone have the same symptoms? Feel the same? I don't feel anyone trully understands what I am going through (people who are close to me) I just want to switch it off now but I am desperately trying to find ways to cope with it.... is it anxiety and panic attacks??? Am I now a hypercondriac?? Am I actally mad? I am having aheart attack, aeortic aneurism? blood clot? arghhhhhhhh x

nomorepanic
06-12-09, 11:37
Hi georgie_108

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

gypsywomen
06-12-09, 11:49
hello gorgie well if you check out the pages on here under panic an anxiety you will see many with same symtoms ,this is what this illness does makes you have alsorts of strange feelings ,we all have been there and still are your not going mad ,, have you seen docter are you on meiction :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

georgie_108
06-12-09, 17:52
No not any meds but have seen doc. First doc I saw just told me ur 29 don't be so ridiculous if it was a heart attack you would just die.... changed doc surgery!!! New doc nice had different tests done at different times, not on meds tho waiting for councelling. Do you get these symptoms? the pulse in my belly is really worrying me at the moment and setting off panic attacks etc. :(

leelee100
07-12-09, 21:42
georgie, try not to panic. The sooner u realize its anxiety and panic the easier things will become. All your symptoms are familiar to me.Especially your stomach problems. Its anxiety and stress, and can wreak havoc on your body. You are not going to die, if it all seems to much ask your doctor about meds. But lots of relaxation, hot baths, calming music,deep breathing, and maybe watchin your favourite comedy. hope u feel better soon.x:)

Veronica H
08-12-09, 11:48
:welcome:to NMP Georgie.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Veronica

ZoJo
08-12-09, 12:39
Hi Georgie 108

You have just described exactly the same symptoms and feelings that I have had. Even down to the two ambulances!! I have now gone full circle and back to bad headaches = everything horrible!!
I have just ordered the book by Claire Weekes and I am looking forward to reading it!! Be positive and there are many people on this site that know just what and how you are feeling!!

Boots
18-12-09, 12:30
Hi Georgie,

This all sounds very familiar except i haven't had a baby!!something to do with my gender i believe.
I have read that pain or sensation does find its way to an area of the body that has suffered injury or Trauma and maybe this is why your stomch is so sensitive. Ask your doctor if this may be the case.
I had heart surgery so my sensitive area is the chest and no matter how many times i have been assured (Tests, Angiogram etc) that it is not Heart related, it does not fully stop My thoughts going down that avenue, when the tightness and numbness is at its worst.
The Hyper condriac/mad feelings is also annoying and all i seem to be doing is bothering the medics as all tests keep saying that i am ok. I feel a fraud, but i am not. How can Anxiety cause so much pain. I feel that i cannot say much to my friends as i feel that they think i am just looking for sympathy or imagining illness as apparently i look healthier than ever.
Anyway i have kept going back to hospital or GP and they have finally put me on a CBT and pain management programme and medicine, as they now believe the distress and pain these symptoms are causing me. One Cardioligist told me to keep pestering GP to get treatment as we have lives to live and the GP,s Job is to assist with this.

I hope this helps and hope your Anxieties pass very soon, as they are very disabilitating both physically and mentally.

Best wishes

Boots

june
18-12-09, 14:11
Is this a similar feeling that you get if you come down in a lift??:ohmy:you feel almost as if your heart won't restart???
I get palapatations, I feel my heart almost stop then a sudden big pump, sometimes I can feel my pulse (strongly) in my stomach
This is mentioned as anxiety in Claire Weeks book:hugs:
Glad you changed yoru doc:blush:we suffer enough from this awful prob without 'Dopey' doctors:blush:
Best wishes
June
:hugs:
PS:_ i would recommend ""Essential Help for your nerves" by claire weeks (as sold in NMP shop - top right of page) my copy is double its size with all the 'post it notes marking pages.

messianictalmud
18-12-09, 15:06
hi georgie 108 welcome to the NMP forum