PDA

View Full Version : some my fears...............

complic8ed
28-01-04, 21:12
-party balloons
-abraham lincoln [i'm not tryin to be funny]
-death [loved ones dying, not me]
-stuff blowing up [espacially if it's thundering & lightening]
-loud popping noises
-social phobia [i start to panic when people are behind me]

i guess this would go under panic and phobias

Buby
28-01-04, 21:52
sorry i couldnt help laughing just a little bit at the ab, sorry for any offence, it wasnt meant to be horrible...it wasnt a horrible laugh...sorry. can i ask what it is about him youre scared of? i can understand the blowing up im not to keen on fireworks. and im really self consious when people are behind me, so youre not alone.

sorry about the laugh. hugs Rachel xx

nomorepanic
28-01-04, 22:20
Hi comp

These are quite common fears - except maybe the Abraham one. Can you explain what it is that you don't like about him. Was there something that triggered off a fear?

Have you tried exposure therapy for these fears or do they not bother you that much?

Nicola

mico
28-01-04, 23:12
Hi Comp

It's good that your posting about your fears here, a lot of people get embarrased about some of their fears but there is really no need to be embarrased, people here have all kinds of fears.

Abe Lincoln is a curious one though.

mico

complic8ed
29-01-04, 03:04
lol, i've been scared of him since i was a little kid. i had a dream about him, but i think i was scared of him before then.
i dreamed that i was running home at nightime and he jumped out at me from a dark alley. i just picture him as a 9 foot tall old scary plantation dude with this dark scraggley beard and this really tall black top hat. oh yeah, a pipe sticking out his mouth.
i don't look at pennies or $5 bills.
my husband & i watched legally blonde 2 the other day and it showed him, i turned my head real quick.

mico
29-01-04, 20:35
Hi Comp

I suppose that's a valid fear, many people have scary images of people or horror images from when they where young and its harder to un-learn these fears than what it is to learn them.

Anyway, welcome to the site

mico

Laurie28
30-01-04, 11:50
Anything is a valid fear I think!!!
God some of mine are sooo strange.

But comp at least u won't bump into him in the flesh eh
!!

Lucky

stimpy
05-02-04, 09:18
Well Mr Lincoln does look a bit scary.
It's the dark suit, dark hair and beard, I think.
You could quite imagine him blending in to a dark alley, Jack the Ripper stylee.

But as he was a good person, I'm sure "honest abe" wouldn't mean you any harm.
Many people believe that President Lincoln has never left the White House, that his spirit remains to complete the business in hand and to be available in times of crisis.
I don't think you have anything to worry about - but stay clear of the White House, just incase.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

complic8ed
05-02-04, 18:54
thanx

complic8ed
12-02-04, 18:34
today is abraham lincoln's[}:)] b-day [feb. 12]

Rennie1989
12-02-04, 20:12
Here are my phobias:
Social phobia,
spiders,
big open spaces,
people talkin behind my back,
school work i cant do,
being on my own,

i can understnas why ya dont like him, he wasnt exacly good lookin but anyway, for ages i was scared of fire coz i had this nightmare about the plant bein on fire!!!!!

happy birthday ab!
how old is he (not bein rude, lol)

jade

sarah
12-02-04, 20:55
Hey Jade

If he was alive he would have been 195 years old today.. but he's not, he was assasinated by an actor (John Wilkes Booth) in 1865.
There you go useless history fact for you...lol

love Sarah
xx

Rennie1989
13-02-04, 19:20
is that in the test miss

lol