PDA

View Full Version : Doing so well...now!!

jue69
18-11-05, 12:14
Hi Everyone

I have been doing so, so well over the last few weeks, the palps are down to a bare minimum and generally feeling good. Yesterday had a hectic day at work, eldest son phoned to say the home pc had blown up on him, so worried that he was ok, until i could get home from work. Sky had stopped working, hubby in board meeting so non contactable. Stupidly went upstairs to check on the old blood pressure. Oh no its high about 140/90, kept repeating and repeating came down to lowest of 130/84. I know i shouldn't keep doing it but i cant stop myself. Did it lots this morning got one reading of 120.80, but its up down, up down, can feel myself worrying. Now i'm scared, wanting to cry, what a mess, i was doing so well, i keep telling myself it was the stress of the day, but why oh why cant i convince myself.

Sorry for moaning guys, but i was doing so well.

jue

seh1980
18-11-05, 12:48
hi Jue,

You STILL are doing well so don't tell yourself anything else!! You had a stressful day and anyone would have got anxious in that situation but that doesn't mean that you didn't cpe extremely well with what was thrown at you. It's just a little blip - don't give it more importance than it deserves!!

Sarah :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Meg
18-11-05, 13:43
Jue

When we are stressed and upset ,our blood pressure rises and this is NORMAL... even at your highest it is a perfectly acceptable transient level.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

hunny
18-11-05, 17:05
Hi Jue

I have posted about blood pressure worries as well.
You are still doing well.We stress ourselves out so much and work ourselves up into such a frenzy that our blood pressure WILL rise
What you also have to look at is that its coming down at points its not consistently high.
Hope you feel better
Hunny xx

jue69
20-11-05, 09:38
Hi again

Thank you all for your replies, you are all so right, my bp is now 119/77 and i'm happy once again.

I hate this feeling of terror when things aren't quite spot on. My family keep telling me it will go back down, and sure enough it has.

Thanks again

Jue

alexis
20-11-05, 11:08
Hi Jue, glad you feel happier today, see just a minor blip, keep up the good work. What about throwing the machine away?

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

jue69
21-11-05, 07:55
Hi Alexis

My sister said exactly the same thing, but this might be the wrong thing to say, but although it sends me spiralling into major panic when its high,the majority of the time its low and that reassures me. Also i can never stabilize my blood pressure at the doctors and its a good way of monitoring that for her too.

Thanks

jue.

alexis
21-11-05, 08:21
Hi Jue. No there is no wrong thing to say, if it gives you reassurance then it is an absolute necessity.
Keep going with the good work.
Take caew.

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.