PDA

View Full Version : Cunfused?

djrushby
06-12-09, 21:24
I have recently started this medication. Now what I dont understand is the fact a lot of the side effects I have read up about all seem to be negative etc. Like mood swings and stuff. One of my worries was before I started the drug I had extremly low sex drive due to my depprestion. But a side effect of the drug is you can lose sexual desire etc. How is this drug meant to help?

Just un sure how this well make me better, I mean I was terrerfied when I lost my sex drive due to my deprestion but this drug seems to say it well make it worse?
How does it work then?
cheers

djrushby
06-12-09, 23:09
Also am just not sure if i should be on them. I have had hard year and money probs and just very run down, lost intrest in doing stuff, hobbies etc etc warn out and tierd, also as above lost intrrest in sex with my partner, which was a big worrie to me. Lack self confidence and motervation big time!
Do you think 20g would make me feel better? Also when I am feeling better, do I just come of it with docs advice and be back to normal?

KK77
06-12-09, 23:33
If you have low libido/loss of interest due to depression then meds will probably help, as it will lift the underlying problem, which is the depression. Any sexual side effects will probably be out-weighed by the benefits of easing depression. Depression never affected my libido so meds did make a negative impact for me.

Having said all of that, I believe that antidepressants are really for severe depression/anxiety, not situational moods - but a lot of doctors disagree and prescribe them anyway. (But then depression is subjective and difficult to measure.)

No one can say whether you'd feel better or not until you try them. But if you do, then my advice would be to stick with them and not quit after a week or so.

djrushby
06-12-09, 23:39
Well I kind of know my self that I have not been feeling right for 6 months now, so think it is bout time i did some think bout it. so i did.
just worrie it could make me worse and kick up more problems, or i find it hard to stop etc.