PDA

View Full Version : palpitations and heart obsessed

Panickypants
07-12-09, 18:55
Just recently i have been getting quite a lot of palpitations, i am totally convinced there is something wrong with my heart, i get different kinds of them the latest ones are a fluttering in my throat and chest or a missed beat but while this is happening i get light headed and really anxious i'm convinced my heart is going to stop beating...

I have had checks and things are fine but i have a heart problem so i just worry that it's got worse

Does anyone else get this light headed feeling i also feel pretty weak too but once it passes after a few mins or so i start feeling a little better,but they also just come from nowhere even when i'm not stressed and mainly when i'm just doing something light or nothing at all it's as if moving my arms sets them off like brushing my teeth i don't know if i imagine half of them x

KK77
07-12-09, 19:23
If your heart "problems" are under control and you've been told that things are fine, then the physical symptoms you're getting are most probably due to anxiety and worry. You've got to remember that physical symptoms can set off anxiety and vice versa. Stress/anxiety can cause a complex array of symptoms, and BP can fluctuate causing light-headedness, weakness etc. But you should go back to your doctor if you feel something's not right - that's what they get paid for after all.

Maj
07-12-09, 19:47
Hi,

I understand how you feel. Palpitations are a horrible symptom of anxiety. Even when you lose your fear of them they can still continue. Ectopic beats are my only symptom and I have them every day, numerous times a day, and during the night. They are a nuisance. I was told they were benign which I'm sure they are. However, it didn't stop me going back to my doctor today because I feel they are completely taking over my life. I sometimes feel very weak when they happen and it is a pain when you are busy at work and are constantly missing beats. It's okay to say they're harmless but it's not okay that they are a nuisance. So I know how you are feeling. I'm not on any meds but it's getting more difficult to not be!!
Myra x