PDA

View Full Version : new and coming off cipralex.help me!

gemmaw
07-12-09, 23:44
Hi all,

Im new here but im glad i found this place. Ive been on cipralex 10mg for nearly a year to treat depression and anxiety and i decided i didnt want to start 2010 on these tablets. I went straight from 10mg to 5mg a few weeks back and feel like ive been on a rollercoaster. The first 3 days i had pins and needles in my arms, sickness and weeeeird dreams and dizzyness then it seemed to stop for about 4 days. Then a few days back i started to get muscle spasms and aches in my arms wrists shins and back, abit like flu. Later that night i woke up dripping in sweat only to wake up a few hours later absolutely freezing i could not get warm. I had shivers and twitches n cramp as if i was comin of herion or sumthin! i had to take the next day off work i felt so unwell and exhausted.
since then i have been feeling sick, down, my anxiety levels r through the roof, had a few little panic attacks but nuthin major. sometimes my jaw clenches n aches along with the rest of my muscles.
This is all after my doc told me id get no withdrawal symptoms...ye right!
I feel like upping my dose bak to 10mg..it does feel like i have depression again but i dont want to rush back up to my normal dose if its going to take just a lil more time to get over al this horribleness.

It just seems just as im weaning myself off my life has become more stressful, work and my homelife has become more stressful in the last few weeks i feel like this is putting me back into my depression while im at my most vulnarable..does anyone think i should go back up to 10mg and try again at a less stressful time?? please help i have no idea what to do!!

thanks

gemma

nomorepanic
07-12-09, 23:48
Hi gemmaw

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

nomorepanic
08-12-09, 00:11
You will feel worse witdrawing from medication for a while.

Phill2
08-12-09, 00:16
Hi Gemma,
I came off them a while back and did it pretty rapidly but didn't have any of the symptoms you're having.I ended up back on them after 8 weeks.
Maybe it's not time for you to come off them yet?
Good luck either way
Phill :shades:

Veronica H
08-12-09, 11:42
:welcome:to NMP. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica