PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, please help i need some reassurance

woodnights
08-12-09, 10:02
Hi all, i must firstly admit that it has been over a year since i have last been on here, which i suppose is good news because it means i am doing well.. Unfortunitly im having a bit of a relapse and feeling very shitty. Well i havent touched extacy in a very long time, im on citalopram 20mg once a day which i think isnt that much. Anyway i was out on saturday night and i took extacy, i know im an absolute silly silly boy for doing this and i feel terrible about it and ive learnt a lesson for a long time. The last few days i have been really worried that something is going to appen to me. ive heard about serotonin syndrome but i believe this to be rare. so i went to the chemist yesterday and asked er and she told me to stop worring that if anything was gonna happen it would of happened by now and when i actually had taken the e.. I still feel very anxious and spaced out but i reckin that its anxiety and im just anxious, i defnitley feel better everyday that goes by.. Do you all think i should stop worrying and just get on with things and dont do it again.. I want to feel normal again but i suppose it will take those citalopram a while to kick in again and my brain to ajust..

Please help

Thanks

messianictalmud
08-12-09, 11:31
Hi woodnights well at least give yourself a pat on the back for realising the silly thing you did.
Pharmacy person is perhaps right.
As you say some of what your feeling will be anxiety but it maybe there's some guilt in it all.
Try to relax, rest and continue as best you can.
If you find you really can't cope we are all here, but you could always be brave and go see your GP for advice too.
All the best....Toby

woodnights
08-12-09, 11:58
Hi there and thanks for the reply, im getting better by the day i think,,, staying positive,, being a hypocondriac was what my main problem was but im staying positive and trying to stay away from doctor google. Im sure ill be fine and hopefully my citalopram will start working again,,, but just to clarify do you all think that if some mad interaction with the extacy and the ssris was going to happen, would it of happened by now,,, ????