PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinion

mrupanddown
18-11-05, 19:12
My Isnurance just changed and now my Zoloft is costing me $75.00 a month. My pdoc looked over my forumlary and has found three meds in the same class that will only cost me $10.00 a month or 90 days for $20.00. They are Paxil, Celexa, and Prozac. Which should I choose?

Meg
18-11-05, 19:16
Not Paxil

mrupanddown
18-11-05, 19:18
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Not Paxil

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 18 November 2005 : 19:16:25</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I had a friend tell me that, I guess its down to Prozac or Celexa

Meg
18-11-05, 19:22
IMHO only ..

If your issues are more anxiety led = Celexa
If they're more depression led = Prozac .

Surely this is a discussion that your pdoc should be having with you weighing up each option to meet your need.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

desperate
18-11-05, 19:24
Just gonna say can your doc not say which is best?

I agree with Meg, Celexa is more for anxiety and depression. Prozac more for depression, it is more of a stimulant in my opinion and from personal experience.

But you really need to talk to your doctor about this,.

Sarah

Antipodes
19-11-05, 00:41
Hi,

I agree with Meg. It would be better if you stated your disorder symptom that was most problematical.

Personally, I would never recommend Prozac (Fluoxetine) to any male. You may probably not like the side effects. There are a wide range of AD and AA meds some older cheaper generic ones can be very helpful. If anxiety is your issue, try Moclobemide. It's inexpensive, effective, no dietary restrictions, non-weight gainer, no interfering with maleness and is very effective for anxiety in most (but not all).

I hope you find an effective med that meets your budget.
Antipodes

mrupanddown
19-11-05, 00:51
Sorry I have OCD and Panic Disorder. I get depressed at times but only once was it serve enough to be admitted and that was in 1996