PDA

View Full Version : No news good news?

miss diagnosis
08-12-09, 13:36
Hi everyone

went for the smear test 4 weeks ago.letter said results due back within 4 weeks. I havent had a letter or a phone call yet.Im going out of my mind...nearly getting sick checking the post every day.

My fiance reckons no news is good news and id have heard by now if something was wrong..but i dont have a lot of faith in the healthcare system..do u think he might be right??

moggy
08-12-09, 14:02
I hope it all goes well for you , however im not a woman and dont know much about these things , but if something was amiss , im quite sure they would of contacted you before

Jo3016
08-12-09, 14:34
Hi

I have waited up to 6 weeks before for my results and it can be a very anxious time so I know how you feel. It may have just got held up in the Christmas post.

I am sure that abnormal results would not be delayed though as they would want to follow up quite quickly. I am sure all will be fine but I know how hard it is to wait.

Sending you hugs :hugs:

B-gal
08-12-09, 19:25
Hi there,

I had a smear done 2 weeks ago and the nurse said that it might take up to six weeks because its near Christmas so dont worry huni. :hugs:
xx
x

Adelle
08-12-09, 21:13
Hi, If there was something wrong you would have been contacted by now. My doctor told me that I had to wait 2 weeks for a result unless something was abnormal then he would call me sooner. No news IS GOOD news.:D