PDA

View Full Version : Having a bad day in my head

Ikari
08-12-09, 14:25
I feel like I've slowly been improving after having what was probably an anxiety attack a fair few weeks ago (my first ever) - Although I've had almost constant light-headed feelings and the like ever since, I've slowly been doing better, and last night I actually felt genuinely like myself for a few hours for the first time in ages.

Yet today so far has been a real struggle... A couple of times this morning I've felt a whole lot worse and started to lose control of myself and start to panic, and at lunchtime I felt it really badly, to the point where I almost picked up the phone and called the doctor.

I've settled down again a bit now and I'm back at my desk here at work, but I feel so shaky and worried right now, I'm having to fight the feeling to get up and walk away from my desk and I simply can't relax.

Right now I just can't comprehend how I've gone from feeling so positive and cheerful last night to being like this again, it just doesn't make sense to me, and I wanted to vent and share as it somehow makes me feel a little better.

I'm starting to feel like I don't know where to turn next though, I'm determined to beat this without resorting to medication and don't really want to bother my GP any more than I have recently when the whole thing started and we assumed it was a virus...

gypsywomen
08-12-09, 14:32
i feel for you ,its happened to me i like you felt great ,now its back,we have to try and beat it i am not going to let this uin my life again like ou not on meds just sleeping tabs

Ikari
08-12-09, 15:02
Thanks, it's good to know I'm not alone... It's so clear to my logical mind how I feel pretty much fine when I'm not worrying about how I'm feeling, but far worse when I start analysing whether I feel okay and why I feel light-headed and so on, yet in that split second when my head swims a bit I never get chance to think logically before the adrenaline kicks in, and there's always that nagging "what if it's something else?" at the back of my mind when things get bad.

mikejames
08-12-09, 15:10
Hi Ikari

Do not worry I am sat in the exact same boat as you
Sat at my desk at work - ok when distracted but then the head band tightens / chest goes tight / sweaty palms - you name it arrives and leaves me wondering what's going on

Take deep breaths and drink plenty of water

Not long till 5

Can taste that first lager already.............

MIKE

gypsywomen
08-12-09, 15:17
well that's 3 of us-with it ,,i think its stress over Christmas ,,we might not think it it it must be there are at least 10 so far today got the same we will have larger all round please

ash1807
08-12-09, 15:35
I too am sat here in from of my pc, feeling anxious,spaced out and worrying about if I am gonna get better or not.

I am also worried about when I can go back to work, since they are already laying some people off.

I have just been asked to stop all meds (was on day 12 on prozac) till I see the consultant tomorrow. Stopping meds abruptly is not fun.

Ikari
08-12-09, 16:27
Just a couple of hours later (and thanks in part to being able to share my feelings on here) and I'm still at work, but feeling so much better - Not perfect, but calm and alive again.

I really wish I could bottle this feeling and use it when I need to! Anyway, thanks again to everyone for responding, it's a real help on a day like today.