PDA

View Full Version : Smoking

manx_kitty
08-12-09, 18:34
Im just wondering if anyone else smokes, im taking 1 10mg Propananol a day but and i do smoke, i know it seems a bit daft but it helps to calm me down a bit too :blush:

JaneC
09-12-09, 11:56
Hi Kitty,

I'm a smoker, 10-20 a day, 3x 10mg propranolol among other things.

I know I should give up for financial as well as health reasons but I don't really feel I want to!

My doc nags me occasionally but is generally quite understanding, particularly given my mental health hasn't been great these last few months.

manx_kitty
09-12-09, 16:43
I seem to be smoking more now that this stupid anxiety has come back :(

den68
09-12-09, 17:48
i smoke away as well i am thinking of jacking but scared it will trigger all thoae attacks again as im so much better now but there again it might be a good idea to try whilst im on my meds oh what to do

insaneone
18-02-10, 12:39
just a random question i have being looking threw a few of these posts and everybody seems to be on 10mg dose's im starting so wunder why i am on 40mg dose's as a start

heavenly
19-08-10, 08:50
Im just wondering if anyone else smokes, im taking 1 10mg Propananol a day but and i do smoke, i know it seems a bit daft but it helps to calm me down a bit too :blush:

I have been a smoker for years, but after having a really bad panic attack last Friday, which lasted 2 days straight, just horrendous, and I am still suffering, I haven't had a cigarette since the night before the first attack. I remember being told it increases the heart rate...so that was the last thing I wanted! lol So I am not tempted at all now, and its £160 a month saved, so that will pay for my counselling which starts tonight, with a bit left over. An incentive if ever I needed one!

I am on 40mg Propanalol 3 times a day, only just started yesterday.

sharon35
19-08-10, 09:52
I gave up smoking Jan this year and started on and off again in June, i was beating myself up so much about smoking i think it brought on my panic attacks again.
Ive decided to smoke again at the moment and not beat myself up about it and get better then deal with the smoking again.
im on 40mg of propanalol twice aday but more if i need it.

BubbleBonce
19-08-10, 11:33
I gave up regular cigarettes at Christmas and switched to a more health e cigarette. I do feel better for it and as you are still inhaling nicotine the withdrawals are minimal. Do a search for Totally Wicked if you're interested or send me a PM.

gypsywomen
19-08-10, 11:40
I gave up regular cigarettes at Christmas and switched to a more health e cigarette. I do feel better for it and as you are still inhaling nicotine the withdrawals are minimal. Do a search for Totally Wicked if you're interested or send me a PM.what make are the ciggeretts where do you buy them please:bighug1:

sharon35
19-08-10, 12:11
Ive got an electic ciggy still has nicotine in it but not the other harmful drugs, but at the moment im not bothered about smoking im just going to do it until the time is right for me to give up again, i really do think beating myself up over it didnt help with my panic attacks, one weekend i had a ciggy then for the rest of the weekend i really done my head in saying " i shouldnt of smoking that but i want another one". i had a bath then a shower to get rid of the smoke and was telling myself about all the harmful effects of smoking.
then started panicing about it all.
and here i am today off work panicing over all sorts of rubbish and back to smoking. lol

BubbleBonce
19-08-10, 13:08
what make are the ciggeretts where do you buy them please:bighug1:

There are many on the market and some are sold under different names but are the same. I use: http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/ They are very reliable and a good price.
The one I have is called the Tornado. The battery lasts about all day. Many people smoke & use the e cig and others switch totally over to the e cig like me. The ones you get from the chemist aren't very good and shouldn't be compared to the ones sold at this place.

Hazel B
07-09-10, 20:42
I stopped smoking 4 months ago after 20 years of 3-6 a day. I know it's not a lot but I was addicted. I am supposed to be intelligent and doing something that has no single benefit whatsoever was silly, it took me a while to decide but I did it. I had also been worried about health issues with my liver and thought what a hypocrite if I forget my lungs. Nicotine does cause stress to your body, you only feel relaxed as you get the addiction hit. I looked at gum, patches, fake fags etc and realised they are a con, you end up spending the same money! Went cold turkey and have been OK since. If only I could flick the same mental switch to stop my anxiety!
I'm not trying to lecture or judge, just wish I'd stopped sooner.

I am now on Propranolol for a racing pulse so am not perfect.