PDA

View Full Version : please read and offer some help, please dont judge me

woodnights
08-12-09, 20:40
Hi all, i must firstly admit that it has been over a year since i have last been on here, which i suppose is good news because it means i am doing well.. Unfortunitly im having a bit of a relapse and feeling very shitty. Well i havent touched extacy in a very long time, im on citalopram 20mg once a day which i think isnt that much. Anyway i was out on saturday night and i took extacy, i know im an absolute silly silly boy for doing this and i feel terrible about it and ive learnt a lesson for a long time. The last few days i have been really worried that something is going to appen to me. ive heard about serotonin syndrome but i believe this to be rare. so i went to the chemist yesterday and asked er and she told me to stop worring that if anything was gonna happen it would of happened by now and when i actually had taken the e.. I still feel very anxious and spaced out but i reckin that its anxiety and im just anxious, i defnitley feel better everyday that goes by.. Do you all think i should stop worrying and just get on with things and dont do it again.. I want to feel normal again but i suppose it will take those citalopram a while to kick in again and my brain to ajust..

Please help

Thanks

bottleblond
08-12-09, 20:47
Hi there

Your chemist will certainly know what they are talking about.
Drug reactions are pretty immediate so i am sure you would have had some kind of effect before now.

I hate to sound like an old woman but one quick fix on a lethal drug like that is not worth what it 'could' do.

Be safe and say NO next time hun
Take care
Lisa
x

ladybird64
08-12-09, 20:47
No judgements here, you are your own judge and jury :)
No, it wasn't a good idea but you know that already and yes, pharmacist is absolutely right, dodgy effects would have been almost immediate and probably a lot stronger than what you are feeling now.

Relax :)

Mya
08-12-09, 20:55
Hi,

First, please don't ever think you would be judged. We are all experiencing the same feelings and you should never have to fear being judged when asking for support.

I think you are having guilty thoughts about what you did on Saturday which is leading to obsessive worrying. I know you said you felt bad and that may have led to you taking e. I also know the thoughts that accompany taking something like that and I am sure it is making you feel worse.

You should move on from this particular situation and remember that although you were not feeling well recently, you were feeling good for over a year it seems. Don't let one action take you to the place you were before. You have realized what you have done and it is best to put it behind you and work from here. Also take comfort in what the chemist told you and try not to second guess as to it will only worry you more. Be thankful you are ok and just try to move on. Best of luck

woodnights
08-12-09, 21:22
Thank you all for the advice, To be honest every day since it hppened i am feeling better, im actually feeling great tonight which is good, Thanks for all the kind words and the quick response. Dont know what else to say now lol..

x