PDA

View Full Version : COMING OFF CITALOPRAM

mandie
19-11-05, 00:55
Hi

I have been on citalopram for nearly 6 months for anxiety. I feel ready to come off and on advice of my gp, for the past 2 weeks am taking one tablet every other day.

I have been feeling great apart from pains in my head that i have been getting for past few days.

Has anyone else who has come off these tablets experienced this?

Thanks

A x

tam
25-10-06, 23:39
hi mandie im coming off them to.i have been taking 20mg for the last 7 days i was on 40mg.i have been ok at the moment .i have read alot on here about this and the synptons dissapear after a weekish i think ,good luck and hope you feel better soon
love tracy

xena
29-10-06, 10:09
Hi, I have come from 20mg to 10mg and last week i just stopped (doc adv me to take one every other day then but i decided against it) as we are trying for a baby and i figured the sooner i am off these the better. I have come off Lustral before and felt similar side effects.
I have been off Citalopram now for about 4 days and i have dizziness, nausea and tiredness. Thurs/Fri the symptoms were quite bad but the fast few days have been much better. I seem to feel better sat down. I think when i came off Lustral they lasted 1-2 weeks so not long to go. Good luck[8D]

OCD and HEALTH ANXIETY SUFFERER