PDA

View Full Version : Not coping

steve2009
09-12-09, 08:58
I feel horrible today.
I cant cope with this depression and feel so trapped.
Too many worries about myself, my children and the future.
Genuine worries, I am not working because of illness and that makes me bad.
No sense of pride. Failure. I have tried so hard to control my feelings but I cant hide my depression from the family and I hate that too.
My wife is strong but has to be strong for me and the children. So I try to struggle through each day. Put too much pressure on them. That's not right
but cant keep it bottled up.
I dont know if meds are working and hate having to take them.
Just so low that physical symptoms are horrible just reminding how ill I am.
No solutions to problems and I fear I will drive myself mad.
Don't think I will even get better at my age. Feel alone.

Steve

gypsywomen
09-12-09, 09:24
your not alone on this site over 1000 people feeling like you and me ,its hard to cope but we must ,, never give up never ,,, dont let this illness beat you

BabyRachel
09-12-09, 10:14
Steve I am so sorry your going through this.. Depression is horrible... Truely hell... You need to fight this for yourself and your family.. You have an entire network here of people to support you like gypsy said..

If you arn't already I strongly suggest you see a therapist.. They will have ways to help the pain and get you back on track..

If you want to talk any time please pm me.. I won't judge, I will just listen and offer any advice if I can..

Take care Steve. xx

ElizabethJane
09-12-09, 15:45
I have thought in the past that I wouldn't get better but you will. With the correct medication and therapy you will start to feel more confident and the depression will lift. It is easy to feel when you are feeling so depressed that it will ever lift. It will. I have been down to the depths too many times and have felt that I haven't the energy or resources to get well. Your body and mind have amazing healing capacities. If you can't trust yourself or your emotions at this time trust your doctor and those people around who love you.

den68
09-12-09, 17:56
hi steve. I have been where you are now and i feel for you its horrible and scary. I thought i was never going to get better but with the help of meds and councilling im doing relly well now and enjoying life. Hold in there you will start to get better but it takes time
Denise