PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, I need help again a.s.a.p

MOJO
09-12-09, 09:52
I just need to hear from someone. So scared again. I had an awful night, started having odd wake up feeling panicky lately but last night woke about 6 times panicky and scared. Didn't know what to do..talked to myself but not much good. Didn't want to wake hubbie he just panics about me then. Now today sitting here frightened and shaking. If i'm not even going to get a bit of peace at night can't cope. Bad enough feeling panicky all day. Had such a bad two weeks, just had one day, monday not too bad. Anyone else have panic in night? What do you do? feel like I'm going to freak out completely in a minute...sorry for posting again. I'm so weak I know.:weep::weep::weep:

candee86
09-12-09, 09:56
Hey Mojo,

I had a period of waking up to panics...its a horrible feeling...i always found that a freezing cold shower helped lol! Also doing something to distract my mind...either read a book you like, watch a film, draw, sew, anything you enjoy that will distract you!

I hope any of these help you,
Candy xxx

MOJO
09-12-09, 10:03
Thank you for replying so quickly Candy and for tips. Hope it goes soon. Feeling so bad.

candee86
09-12-09, 10:04
It will do...the feeling can only last a certain amount of time :) You will be fine...it just needs to pass! xx

BabyRachel
09-12-09, 10:06
Candee is right hun.. Try anything to distract yourself. Flick on your favorite movie or tv program, get lost in a book, listen to some music... Distract your thoughts; make lists of things in your mind.. what you would like for a birthday or christmas, or gifts you would like to give...

It is so very hard waking up in pure panic, it's happened to me a number of times...

Take care.xx

MOJO
09-12-09, 10:11
Thank you. Feel like crying. got to go out soon. Hope I don't collapse. Feel like I will.

MOJO
09-12-09, 12:07
Thank you tetley.:hugs:
I made it out and back (without collapsing!).
I am going to be brave and go out again later as I have a Christmas walk planned with my walking group. I was going to cancel but decided not to give in. I'm shaking at the thought and have the off balance feeling but will persevere.
Love judy.xx

margaret jones
09-12-09, 13:19
Mojo good for you going out hope you are able to go on the walk and that you soon feel better

kate1
09-12-09, 14:25
Hi Judy, sorry to hear that you are feeling like that

Do you have earphones? If ever I feel like that, I put a dvd on the computer, something thats funny and put the earphones on, it really distracts me, I find the earphones better than putting the dvd just on a normal tv

gypsywomen
09-12-09, 15:16
hi judy hope our back to yourself soon love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gemma81
09-12-09, 17:09
Hiya Judy! Well done for going out and not letting it beat you!!:yesyes: I used to have weeks of waking up in sheer panic, then it would go away for months and then come back for no reason. What I used to do was get out of bed and switch the tv on. As funny as it sounds I used to have a worry stone that was smooth, I would rub it 20 times in each hand!!! this used to work for me!...probably because it distracted me!! I could never concentrate to read etc,so I would write a list of what I needed to do in the next week etc...usuallt found the list to be totally useless in the morning but it helped me when I was writing it at night!! Hope this is of some help to you!! Also hope that you had a lovely christmas walk! take care xx

Ruby13
09-12-09, 18:57
I know how you feel, for my worst time is waking in the early hours of the morning, hot, sweaty, panicky. Like you, I do not want to worry my hubby as he gets upset.

What I try to do is visualise myself breathing in pink, calming air, also visualise myself sat in a lovely garden, listening to the birds singing. Or walking on a beach, sitting down and hearing the waves lapping.

It takes your mind of your panic.

Mazza12
09-12-09, 20:08
Hi Mojo!
I had really bad panic attacks in the night to the point were I though I wasn't breathing or taking any oxygen in.
I distracted myself by going to the bathroom, or if it was just air I needed I used to go and stand outside.
Other ideas I had were to sit in front of a cold blowing fan or even chewing on that airwaves gum.
Hope this helps you a little :0)

MOJO
10-12-09, 10:03
Thank you all so much for your replies and tips to help me. Last night was better thank goodness.
I managed to go for my walk and although I didn't feel wonderful I did enjoy being out in the fresh air and having company. We even had tea and scones, mince pies and cake by a beautiful lake!! It didn't rain thank goodness! I think the air and occupying myself probably helped me to have a better night. I hope it continues.
Thanks again. Judy.xxx:hugs: