PDA

View Full Version : animals as therapy

aussiegirl
19-11-05, 01:27
i find that having pets helps a lot as therapy.i have dogs & birds & even just sitting watching them play helps take my mind off things :D

PTSD sufferer 2 yrs
married mummy to 3 kids

kate
19-11-05, 08:05
Hi Aussie girl,

Yes, I couldn't agree more!

I have 2 cats, 2 house rabbits, a hamster and 2 fish!

Kate

aussiegirl
19-11-05, 08:17
that's great kate [^]
glad you agree with me :D

PTSD sufferer 2 yrs
married mummy to 3 kids

vernon
19-11-05, 08:44
Yes have to agree I often talk to my dog they are so loving , never get moods like people and always happy to see you.

aussiegirl
19-11-05, 08:46
too right vernon [^] their love is unconditional :)

PTSD sufferer 2 yrs
married mummy to 3 kids

pinkscrumpy
19-11-05, 11:14
Hiya

Agree to

My 2 cats have been the best

[^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

aussiegirl
20-11-05, 03:13
excellent job guys :D who else uses animals as therapy?

PTSD sufferer 2 yrs
married mummy to 3 kids

alexis
20-11-05, 11:05
I have a dog and a cat but how I wish I still had my aquarium, that was the absolute best and replaced tv for me.

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

Alice
20-11-05, 13:16
I do! I have 2 house rabbits and theyre lovely, i spend lots of time with them, i tend to lie down on the floor to read something and they run around near me and climb over me etc, and they lick my face. They cant fail to cheer me up, i bought them when i was having a manic episode, and im ****** glad i did! Rabbits live for 8-10 years, and i love the thought that i may still have them when im 30 years old :-)

aussiegirl
21-11-05, 00:05
that's so true alice [^]

PTSD sufferer 2 yrs
married mummy to 3 kids

pips
22-11-05, 12:53
Hi there,

I have 2 cats but i love all animals. Just stroking them is relaxing and cats certainly know how to chill out. So i think i should take a leaf out of there book!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

dream
22-11-05, 13:06
hi all
i have a cat who follows me to school . a 8 month old German shepherd puppy and my son has a giant african land snail the puppy is hard work but they all keep me busy :D
denisexx

denise

Peru83
22-11-05, 13:32
Think I agree with that too, I have felt much better since getting my dog Jax. Don't feel quite so lonely anymore, I know it might sound daft to those of you who know me and know that I have 3 kids and a man, but I still felt lonely. With Jax however I don't. He's always there by my side (sometimes a pain when in the loo[:I]) and always lavishing me in cuddles and kisses!

True what they say, 'man's, or should I say Woman's (lol) best friend':D

Take Carexx

Claire

chellebelle
24-11-05, 08:00
Anybody heard the song "Dogs are the best People"? My boxer is the best when i'm not feeling so good. I had a bit of a breakdown last year and for a whole month he snuggled up with me and i felt safer and not so alone! I'm really well now but I still love snugling up with my slobery monster![8D]

"This too, shall pass"

kitty
28-12-05, 14:52
my cat hs been the best for me as right now wiv me on my comp she is sat on my knee asleep, when ever i leave the house shes there by the door n wen i get back shes there again! i sit there n chat away to her, the scary thing will be one day if she answers me back! lol
shes my world at the moment! shes always there wen i need a cuddle n she just cums n sits on me purin away!

kym aka kitty

superfran23
30-12-05, 01:24
my dog is amazing she senses when i'm having an attack, and won't leave until its over.
she is so loving with me, as if she knows thats what i need at the moment.

Quailman
01-01-06, 02:39
I have always found cats incredibly relaxing but I currently live with my sister and she's allergic :(

When I was doing my GCSE's, I found it helpful to sit with the guinea pig and tell her everything I'd revised thus far. I think she liked Chemistry most but I can't be sure :D

Anyway, she made the stress and panic of my exams bearable. Funnily enough, I didn't need her for my A'levels.

angie3077
03-01-06, 19:33
Totally agree, ,the other day when I was having a real bad time I was so upset and there was nobody home apart from my Staffy....he seemed to pick up on my feelings and some how made me feel like he was there to keep me company, sat right next to me as if to say "I'll look after to ya" bless him!

Angie xx

Allie
16-02-06, 14:19
I have no house pets as such, but have alot of wild birds in my garden which I feed and find so relaxing. It is sooooo rewarding to watch them eat the food I have put out for them.

Watching the birds in my garden can help so much when i'm having a panic attack! Its very theraputic!

Allie xXx

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

vorpalblade
18-02-06, 15:01
my cat helps me lots

tattybear
18-02-06, 19:03
I grew up in a house with cats/dogs etc, but when I moved in with my fiance 3 years ago, as we were in rented, it was somthing we culdnt realy have, but ive missed having pets like you wouldnt belive.

For valentines, my finace really surprised me! he gave me a val's card, and inside was a gift voucher (he designed!) for a dwarf rabbit!! He then produced a box with a feeding bowl & water bottle, then took me to the care where he produced (not litterally! lol) a 4ft hutch and rabbit starter pack [Wow!][Wow!][:P][:P]
I nearly cried when i opened the card and saw the voucher!

He'd put so much thought into it all and what it would mean to me.

We're all sorted hutch wise etc etc, and are now looking for a pair on netherland dwarfs :D

Tatty B xx

Chunky Monkey
13-03-06, 06:19
I am an animal lover and i can't wait to get my own pets again. I used to have a dog (Lab), but it remained with my ex wife.. i miss him.. i live on my own, so i don't think i can have a dog just yet, especially as i work 12 hour shifts and do nights too... so looks like it's going to have to be either a lil kitty or a lil bunny..! aww, just thinking about a baby lil chocolate coloured bunny with the floppiest ears!! me wants one now! lol

-------------------------------------------------
A friend is one who knows you as you are...
Understands where you've been...
Accepts who you've become
And still gently invites you to grow....

lin
13-03-06, 13:05
I have a sausage dog and 5 fish i find pets do help, i'm also getting 2 rats they are great pets as i had 1 a while back and he was so lovely.

linda xx

Munchkin
18-03-06, 18:51
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">my dog is amazing she senses when i'm having an attack, and won't leave until its over.
she is so loving with me, as if she knows thats what i need at the moment.

<div align="right">Originally posted by superfran23 - 30 December 2005 : 01:24:40</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

that is so true of animals, especially dogs! They must have a sixth sense. I used to have a dog, she did the same thing whenever i was upset. She was a big dog (well, just fat really! ;) ) but didnt realise that and always wanted to sit right on me!! I think the fact that I couldnt move when she jumped on me made me stop and calm down!!! ;)

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Alexandra
18-03-06, 20:13
Our dog seems to know when either of us our feeling abit low & jumps up & puts his head on our laps. He is such a sweetheart & Chris & i would not be without him.

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart