PDA

View Full Version : Unable to concentrate... confused.... scared

Gareth
09-12-09, 12:14
Hi there,

Up until now my symptoms have been based around the body. Shaking, twitching, numbness, feeling of being off balance, difficulty walking, inner tremor, heavy legs, weakness in arms and legs... etc.

But today things have changed. I'm at work, and getting the feeling like when I look at an email or someone is talking to me, I can't focus on it, I lose concentration entirely, I am just utterly blank. I feel really confused and a wave of cold goes over my whole body, and it takes a massive mental effort to get back to what I should be thinking about and to concentrate.

Anyone else get this? First time my "cognitive" function has been impaired and this scares me more than anything...

Thanks

Veronica H
09-12-09, 12:31
:bighug1:Yes all of the above anxiety buddy. Accept that your nerves are sensitised and do the best you can for today until you have time to rest and settle. The more you think about how this is affecting you then the worse it will be. Let go of the tension and stop struggling.

There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Veronica

ash1807
09-12-09, 15:54
Gareth,
Yep, typical anxiety symptoms. I have been having this for a while now

feels_like_home
09-12-09, 23:07
I have felt like this many times. I can`t focus on what people are saying, the t.v or what I am reading. It is just another symptom of anxiety. It too will pass. I hope you feel better.

Michelle

adama
11-12-09, 22:25
This is something that I've had a few times. I've accepted that it's part of anxiety as being focussed inward on how your feeling always seems much more important that whatever's going on around you hence it's difficult to concentrate on.