PDA

View Full Version : throat ache!!

nell1965
19-11-05, 11:57
Hi all
Does anyone suffer from an ache in the throat area, especilly when eating food which requires more chewing. I have been getting this on and off lately and wondered if it was just due to the tension i have in my jaw and back of neck. I have no problems with swallowing and dont have globus hystericus (i know , because i have had it before :) I havnt been to my own gp with this as i tend to get the feeling they think i am wasting their time. I am a districr nurse and discussed it with one of the staff doctors who checked my neck and said no nodes up and thyroid felt ok so it was probably tension. I do get loads of other muscle aches and pains, typical tp fybromyalgia type pains but milder im sure as it does not debilitate me, it just slows me down a bit. Last had all bloods checked just over a year ago and all was well including ESR and since then only new symptoms are muscle aches and headaches with the neck and jaw pain. I did discover a lump in throat in are of tonsil bed ( i know you are thinking how did she ever find that ) and did have a worrying time for 8 weeks around aug/september and sympyoms just escalated since then. ENT say not sure what it is either calcified tonsil tendon or tonsil tissue left since tonsils remove 26 years ago and ive probably had it since then, i have stopped worrying about lump but i guess its all the symptoms left from the stress i suffered that are causing me anxiety now. as over last 18 months i have had several stressfull periods and now my anxiety tends to be up there most days. I am going to gp next week just to get a check on all symptoms so i can try and move forward. I did try anti depressants/beta blockers but they just made me feel worse , I would rather get to the root of it all. Waiting to go for counselling middle of december and i am attending mental health physio for relaxation HOPE IT WORKS, sorry for long post felt i had to talk to someone who wasnt going to get upset by what i had to say.... I really cant help but worry that i have got something seriously wrong with me.
ps... Girls
being at the age of 40 with hormones starting to muck me around abit doesnt help
sorry again for long post, hope to get some replies

I just want my life back
nell
x

Wannabeloved85
20-11-05, 14:48
hi,
Ive been having a lil thrat action. like pains and that. Had to call the nhs helpline because of my neck pains! my throat.neck feels very strange, im so aware of it and it tingles and goes tight etc. Now about that lump...i swear i find lumps in my neck/throat too. i have to call the gp out myself so i spose ill get that sorted.
Can i as what globus hystericus is? never heard of that b4!
I just replied to let you know that i also have probs with my throat.
Hope this helps
Good luck with the gp.
Take care x x x
Becci x x x

Meg
20-11-05, 16:49
Pain in Jaw,cheek bones and around eyes (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2475)
Another little question (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3787)

Globus hytericus is that lump/tightening in the throat that we get when we're nervous

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
20-11-05, 16:51
Hi Nell,

I can't help with this one I am afraid.

I did want to say hello though as we have the same name and we are a similiar age. So hello mate and welcome to the site.:)

Love Piglet (Nell)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

nell1965
20-11-05, 17:38
Hi piglet
thank you for reply, i was beggining to think no one was going to speak to me at all

I just want my life back
nell
x

Piglet
21-11-05, 10:29
Lol,

Do you ever go into chat at all Nell??

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

nell1965
21-11-05, 17:17
yes nell
i have been into chat a couple of times and it was quite good, spoke to a few nice people there, not as nice as us nells though, lol

I just want my life back
nell
x

Wannabeloved85
21-11-05, 23:12
i said hello too! :( oh well lol