PDA

View Full Version : need advice

Lilow12
09-12-09, 21:18
just wondering has any one got any advice on mediction for anxiety.... ive been on anti depressing before, but didnt take to them to well. the thng is i feel that im getting depressed again because of the anxiety... is there any meds i can take to help the anxiety.. that 1 dont have side affect's as im very bad at takin meds.. and 2 that i dont have to take everyday only when i relly need to....any advice plzzzzz........:blush:

gypsywomen
09-12-09, 21:23
you could try Bach's rescue remedy you put drop on your tongue.no side effects it relaxes you

Lilow12
09-12-09, 21:32
have it... all ways carry it with me,,,, just dont seem to be helping at the moment hun.... think with christmas coming and having hard time with work just cant seem to get a hold of things.... was on anti depressing 2 years ago around about this time but dont want to go back to them...would just like to be able to take something to give my mind and body a break from it all.....i feel if i could have a break from it i could get a grip on life... have three children and dont want to ruin xmas for them :weep:

gypsywomen
09-12-09, 21:36
what about diazepam will your Doctor give you them to get you through Christmas they do work and ease anxiety

Lilow12
09-12-09, 21:38
have to make apointment to go see doc....last time she was very good... didnt judge with...and i felt lke she understood...going to make appointment this week...thanks for listen xx:)

Lilow12
10-12-09, 08:14
Thanks for advice...yeh i think there is that talk therapy but big waiting list :weep: just wish there was something i could take just for a break away from the anxiety....dont want to be on meds that u take everyday....can cope most of the time but feel like its just building up lately:blush:

Davey Boy
10-12-09, 09:28
Sounds like you want benzodiazepines, i.e. Valium or Xanax. If you live in the UK, you will probably find them hard to get prescribed. Doctors have really clamped down on giving them out in the past decade or so. They have high addiction and abuse potential. Having said that, if you explain that you need them entirely genuinely and the doctor thinks they might help you, you may get a few.

Be careful though, a lot of people like them too much as they can provide near total relief for a lot of anxiety sufferers. They are not something you want to end up addicted to, and many health professionals consider them harder, and more dangerous than heroin to quit.

Lilow12
10-12-09, 20:14
Thanks Davey... was prescribed xanax about 2 years ago... stil have two in my handbag... think they might be gone out of date lol.... just knowing there in my bag makes me feel a bit better....can u take xanax only when u need them or do u have to take them daily ?