PDA

View Full Version : Hello

butterfly1
10-12-09, 20:46
Hi to you all!!! I am a 46 yr old single mum with 3 kids but only 2 at home now.I think i have suffered from depression on and off most of my life, due to childhood events.In the last 3yrs anxiety seems to have crept in too, also due to another unfortunate event. Anyway after searching through lots of sites,this one has caught my eye and i am hoping it will give me some confidence by chatting to people in a similar situation!!!!! Looking forward to making some new friends x

diane07
10-12-09, 20:47
Hi butterfly1

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

butterfly1
10-12-09, 20:50
Hi butterfly1

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.
thanx for the welcome

butterfly1
10-12-09, 20:51
finding the site a bit complicated though!!!

ZoJo
11-12-09, 09:39
Hi Butterfly1,

You will get there with the site, keep at it, as it has really helped me with my wobbly moments :D

messianictalmud
11-12-09, 12:42
BIG :welcome: butterfly1

butterfly1
11-12-09, 23:04
Thankyou everyone for your welcomes. None of my friends or family no the extent of my anxiety as i feel too ashamed to tell them which i know is silly but people still judge dont they?

messianictalmud
12-12-09, 11:11
They do judge yes sometimes, however if you can I would at least try and write them a letter telling them what your going through & how you feel, even say that you feel they'll judge you etc.
Then at least you can tell yourself that at least you have put your family in the picture, you never know they may not really judge you ! they may even want to help out anyway they can...at least give them that opportunity.

Good luck

butterfly1
12-12-09, 17:23
I know what you are saying is good advice but my family are not very close anyway. We all seem wrapped up in our own lifes but maybe i need to do one step at a time. I sometimes find it hard putting it into words what i am trying to say!!!! x

messianictalmud
12-12-09, 17:40
I know what you are saying is good advice but my family are not very close anyway. We all seem wrapped up in our own lifes but maybe i need to do one step at a time. I sometimes find it hard putting it into words what i am trying to say!!!! x

That's ok no probs yes do take slow steps