PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone.

live forever
10-12-09, 21:36
I'm Stacy, I'm 25 and recently been suffering from bad panic attacks and anxiety. I have battled with depression and also had ADD since I was around 12. Recently I've been thinking about dying and have been really scared knowing that one day I will be dead and this brings on an attack that ends in me being physically sick. I know it's stupid because if theres one thing you can't beat, it's death! But it doesn't stop me from being scared. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you x

nomorepanic
10-12-09, 21:37
Hi live forever

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

bottleblond
10-12-09, 22:00
Hey Stacy

Welcome to NMP! :flowers:

You will get lots of advice and support here.

Nice to meet you

Lisa
x

brady
11-12-09, 09:58
Hi stacy im also in my twenties and suffer from panic attacks and anxiety. A few weeks ago i was thinking the same thoughts as yourself (maybe even worse ones), but at the minute im going to see a counsellor. I think once you tell someone how you are feeling and get it all off your chest it really helps alot. Maybe by telling someone you can trust about your toughts you may feel alot better, Have you tried counselling before?
Hope your ok .
Brady.

messianictalmud
11-12-09, 12:52
Hi Stacy first of all :welcome: , we can all understand how you feel in one way or another as well have painc & anxiety issues, depression etc; so rest assured your not alone!
Though your having a rough time at present, like Brady suggests , if you can confide in a friend or family member or even your GP/Practice Nurse you will find there is help to get you through what your going through.

Ruby13
11-12-09, 18:10
You are taking the first steps to recovery by coming here.... there is lots of good advice and reading on the topics to the left... I am new here and found the articles a great help.

Try talking to someone, a friend, your GP or someone on here.....

Alicat
11-12-09, 20:55
Hi there :welcome:

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time at the moment. The only advice I can offer is something I read. What defines life is the present and that makes up what you'll remember when you're older. Try and live for the moment and then getting older and death becomes less scary...I hope.

I don't think I expressed that very well but I hope you feel better soon x

live forever
12-12-09, 15:27
Thanks everyone. I have already been to my GP and I'm also quite open about it with family and friends. I have bad days and good days. The good are beginning to outweigh the bad though so that can only be a good thing.

x

Mum_carer
12-12-09, 15:31
Hi
I've registered because my son has had severe OCD for years, and though he has been prescribed medication things haven't improved, so it's great to have found a source of advice and support.