PDA

View Full Version : Hi not so new to this

Gillian
10-12-09, 22:05
Hi all, after an episode of pleurisy , bronchitis and sinisitis during a 6 week period ive developed what my GP says is anxiety, although i suffered panic attacks 20 yrs ago i am finding it hard to believe thats what the problem is now and just keep thinking because ive had chest problems lately, that i am still ill, (i am actually still full of mucus) so my brain keeps telling me i must be dying coz i cant get my breath sometimes like every 2 minutes i have to take a breath in and if i dont i will yawn to get it that way if you know what i mean, incidently this all developed just before what should have been a holiday of a lifetime to Disney world florida but was a complete nightmare for me as i was so unwell and terrified of flying etc, at the moment i am even fearing fear and i dont know whats happened to me, i do seem to have a lot of the symptoms you have all written about, but dont even want to contemplate having anxiety and panic again,:scared10:

diane07
10-12-09, 22:07
Hi Gillian

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

margaret jones
10-12-09, 22:19
Gillian Hi you have sure been through the wars all in 6 weeks no wonder you are feeling so poorly and streesed .

The fact that you have been poorly has probably made you feel anxious i presume

you have needed help with general everyday things .

Did you get your holiday ??

When you are feeling stronger i am sure your anxiety will get better .

Take Care Margaret :hugs: for you

messianictalmud
10-12-09, 22:33
Howdy Gillian

darrenc
11-12-09, 08:32
Hi Gillian,

I have similar problems as you, so try not to worry too much as you are not the only one.

I hope you enjoy the website and that you start to feel better soon.

Gillian
11-12-09, 11:55
Thankyou all for the warm welcome :)

messianictalmud
11-12-09, 12:45
Thankyou all for the warm welcome :)

No probs, your welcome :yahoo:

Alicat
11-12-09, 21:07
Hi there :welcome:

I wanted to pass on some second hand advice that my therapist gave me. You said you were fearing fear. I've been doing this too and it results in my reatreating to my bed.

Instead try and acknowledge what you're feeling and instead of fearing it, which causes secondary anxiety, notice what you're feeling and put it into words in your head...like 'I'm feeling anxious and I have tightness in my chest' (whatever you might feel) It helps stop your mind wandering and ruminating. Hope this helps!