PDA

View Full Version : Hey there

Leese
10-12-09, 23:49
Hi... My name is Lisa, I'm 22 and have been suffering for Terrible Anxiety since i was about 17 :-( It started off quite mild but now its very severe and basically rules my life.
I finally accepted help February this year and started taking Citalopram, they didnt work for the 5 months i was taking them so i went onto Propranolol, Theses too have made no difference what so ever, if anything i feel worse.
Today my doc gave me 75mg Venlafaxine to try but i am too scared to take them as i read they make you feel suicidal.... I really want to be better but i'm frightened to death of feeling rough from them. Any advice would be very very grateful.
Im gettin to the point of not wanting to try anymore.

diane07
10-12-09, 23:53
Hi Leese

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Mya
11-12-09, 00:23
Dear Lisa

I am so sorry you are having a hard time and your medication is not helping. I do not take any medication yet, but I still know how you are feeling with your thoughts. You don't have to feel alone here because everyone is walking in the same shoes and I am sure you will find a lot of support. I wish you well. xxoo

brady
11-12-09, 00:31
Hi i know how your feeling at the min because im in the same situiation, my anxxiety is through the roof. I dont know anything about your meds im sorry. But i was on tablets before and they left some people suicidal but it didnt effect me, but then again everyones diffrent. If you dont want to take them you should ask your doc to change your medication.. Hope all goes well

vstclair
11-12-09, 00:35
Giving up coffee completely stopped most of my panic attacks, but I still get a few. It happens when I have vertigo & go where things are moving, like lots of traffic going past. I now also try to use the Brandon Bays method for dealing with stuff (The Journey), and it usually damps it down enough for me to get home.

Leese
11-12-09, 00:56
Thank you for your replies. I feel a little more happy to take them after someone on chat explained them abit better so i guess i will see how i get on. Thank you againx

messianictalmud
11-12-09, 12:40
:welcome: to NMP Lisa

becca
14-12-09, 10:35
hi there im a newbie sorry your having a hard time im not on any medication but shall be soon. you need to have your friend saround you bbe talk to your doctor if you feel uneasy about taking the medication thats what they are there for. i am sorry i have been at that stage of whats the point many timesnot with anxiety but with self harming so i know its quite different i hope everything sorts itself out :)

reallyfedup
14-12-09, 11:48
I take venlafaxine now and like you was terrified to take them . Lots of other drugs did not help me at all - in fact they made me much worse- but venlafaxine helps.Give them a go. xxx