PDA

View Full Version : weaning off seroquel

bomberbeamish
11-12-09, 09:23
has anyone weaned off seroquel ,, if so how did u get on, i take 25mg four times aday, im told to cut one out at a time, over the course of a few months,, but im scared.

Zsofi
19-12-09, 18:59
Hello,

I quit taking Seroquel, even though I took only 50mg once a day (needed for sleep) and only for a few months - literally started to come off as soon as I started to take them, lol.
I was reducing the amount by a tiny little bit and sticked to it for a week or two and then reduce it again.
The important thing is that do it with your doc's supervision, don't try to come off on your own!

But don't be scared, it is always a fantastic result if someone manage to come off of the medication, you won't regret it, that's for sure!! :yesyes:

My fingers are crossed for you and good luck! You can do it!!!

Zsofi :flowers:

sesa1979
21-12-09, 18:25
Can i ask why you decided to come of seroquel? ive been put on it and have read so many bad things about it only been on it two nights was put on as i was very low and was told i would have to be hospitalized only problem is i hear of weight gain and that is a big fear of mine im worrying about it constantly. Why put me on a drug which will make me obsess even more over something???

bomberbeamish
28-12-09, 13:38
i totally agree wth you seasa, they can give weight gain, but i think u have to be on a high dose to put on weight,, i do get hungry but can control it. since i put that post on ive stayed on seroquel, i thought icould manage with out them,, but i cant,, they have been fantasic for me, they really have helped me, i was trying to be brave as im sick of taking tabs,, but i need them. if you do put on weight you can soon lose it again,, you will know if you are eating more, xxx