PDA

View Full Version : anyone else????

katy20
11-12-09, 15:01
hi

wondering if anyone else has a kind of numb face feeling - kind of as though its swollen (but its not to the touch) kind of strange feeling. not describing this very well. almost feels as though i have something on the inside of my cheek. starting to scare me and could do with some reasurance i suppose.
katy

Downsinthenorth
11-12-09, 15:12
Can't really suggest anything other than make an appointment to see your doctor, I'm afraid. I haven't experienced anything like this, but maybe someone else who has will respond to this post.

Hope you get it sorted out.

margaret jones
11-12-09, 16:01
Hi Katy i to have had this numbness of face all down i side there was like a line down the centre of my face all i side seemed normal the other side numb and tingly.

Visited GP who after check over diagnosed some nerve trapped from my neck this lasted a few days and resolved itself ( i did try not to make it worse and looked after my neck ) I still get this at odd times but dont worry about it as i know the cause

Hope You Feel Better Soon

Margaret

marcc64
11-12-09, 18:22
Wow, yes I have this, I was going to make a thread about it but I could not find the words to describe it lol.

kristy5095
11-12-09, 20:05
Hi,

Yes, I get this from time to time and mine was anxiety and stress, it was explianed to me that all the nerve endings have been that sensitive over weeks and months that they can feel numbed, but equally they can hurt it all depends and there is no hard or fast rule.
Thing to remember is it will pass.

katy20
15-12-09, 11:09
thank you all so much for replying. the weird sensation has gone - i put a hot water bottle on my face which seemed to provide some comfort and as soon as i felt more relaxed the feeling went away.

Jaymondo
15-12-09, 12:21
Hi Katy,

Glad to read that you've had some relief from the numbness feeling, I too can share your concern, over the last month I've had a very similar sensation and after worrying myself sick I finally took the step to see my GP.

As Margaret has already mentioned, a trapped nerve can indeed cause this strange numb feeling. My GP said the same and put me on Naprosyn anti-inflamatory tablets, after a week on them I noticed a real difference they even helped me gain a few hours extra sleep which was quite welcome too :D

All the best, and if you're still worried just pop in and see your GP for that reassurance.

Take care,
Jason

Zsofi
18-12-09, 09:17
Hi Katy,

I am also glad that your numbness is gone - for your (and others) reassurance I just wanted to say that I had weird numb sensations too some time ago in my cheeks, chin and also around my mouth. Sometimes even my tongue felt strange, I had speech difficulties, it was as tough as I couldn't move my tongue properly.
I also freaked out and went to see GP/dentist/neurologist, but no one found anything. It turned out to be because of the tightness in my neck and shoulders... :blush: No need to worry. :yesyes:

Take care,

Zsofi

meg86
18-12-09, 09:32
Hello!!

I experienced facial numbness and very bad facial pain for around earlier this year, i have heard it is a common anxiety complaint so tried not to worry so much about it, i went to the doctor who confirmed yes its anxiety and i also got it in my arms and legs.

We have muscles in our faces that also tighten when we are stressed.

After 3-4 months it eventually subsided, if you are worried go to the doctor but i have heard of many anxiety sufferers that have experienced this.

Take Care :) x

meg86
18-12-09, 09:36
Just wanted to show you this
Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.

This is posted on the No More Panic Symptom list, i always suggest people have a look at the list when they are worried about a symptom, may ease your worries xxx

carli
31-12-09, 12:52
I also have this symptom and its been freaking me out as i have suffered from anxiety for the last 15yrs and have never experianced this before. I have been petrified i have ms :(.I do feel very reassured now xx

wewantfun
04-01-10, 17:06
wow, i get this too. i was gonna post on the site to see if anyone else got these syptoms. mine is mainly effected on my right side, feels numb, frozen like, and pins and needle feeling, like i'v slept on my face for too long. glad im not the only one that suffers from this.
damn anxiety! lol