PDA

View Full Version : The other night...

Kasha
11-12-09, 23:00
The other night I had a 3 hour argument over the phone with my boyfriend of nearly a year.
About an hour later, my chest felt really odd. Kinda loose and light.
And It was very easy to breathe out.. the breathe out almost 'fell out'.
However... When I came to breathe in, it was difficult to get enough air in.
I had honestly never been so scared in my whole life.
It only lasted about 20 mins. But thats a long time when your fighting for breath and your negative mind starts telling you the worst.

Every time I think of that night, I shudder. I hate my bedroom now, because it happened in here. I have had many panic attacks before. But never not been able to breathe properly during. (Well not to that extent anyway)

Has anyone else experienced similar? Just in case it happens again. I need to put my mind at rest. Its going mad!

Thanks, Kasha x

willitstop
12-12-09, 10:47
Hi
I have not experienced the sensation your describing but you need to focus on the positives of that experience nothing bad haapened to you yes you felt uncomfortable and scared but you need to say to yourself im still here and perfectly fine.
It didnt cause you any physical harm :hugs:

hypnogood
13-12-09, 00:29
If you have an anxiety disorder then you already understand the contents of this web-site and recognise that you are suffering from an anxiety disorder. Check pain sometimes is caused by panic attacks, but not always...

There is an assumption behind many Western therapeutic methods that it is necessary to change or modify our feeling state before we can take action. We assume that we must “overcome” fear to dive into a pool, or develop confidence so we can make a public presentation. But in actuality, it is not necessary to change our feelings in order to take action. In fact, it is our efforts to change our feelings that often makes us feel even worse.

"Trying to control the emotional self willfully by manipulative attempts is like trying to choose a number on a thrown die or to push back the water of the Kamo River upstream. Certainly, they end up aggravating their agony and feeling unbearable pain because of their failure in manipulating the emotions."
Shoma Morita, M.D.

hope to be helpful...