PDA

View Full Version : effects of exercise

andrewjdavid2005
19-11-05, 19:10
how much impact does exercise have on anxiety? i know it gets rid of excess adrenalin etc but how much can it help.

I am considering getting an exercise bike and doing an hour aday on it and doing 50 sit-ups everyday, i don't know if this would improve my anxiety at all but i would it hope.

I know the saying "an anxious mind cannot exsist in an relaxed body" so does exercise relax your body or does only deep relaxation do this?

do we have excess adrenalin all the time?

Meg
19-11-05, 19:25
When we're anxious we produce adrenalin and if it doesn't get used then we then feel horrid.

I think its a really good idea to get the bike but do pace yourself and build up slowly not go all out immediately.

If you're not used to exercise, then you may be in for a few physical effects but will be building up stamina and all manner of health benefits.

Good luck

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
19-11-05, 21:19
I was free from panic attacks after starting an exercise routine so yes it really does help.

Nicola

andrewjdavid2005
19-11-05, 22:21
I am free from panic attacks, i have not had a proper one since last year, i feel abit panicky at time but have not had a full blown panic attack for quite awhile now.

The anxiety effects me the most.

Trev
20-11-05, 00:41
Exercise and panic attacks (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4768)

It definitely helps.

Cheers,
Trev

rachy_babyx
20-11-05, 10:56
i too suffer from anxiety. and find it really helps to exercise it not only regulates my breathing but releases all the endorphins which help combat stress as well

best of luck
Rachelxxx