PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety back with a vengeance. =[

stuart88
12-12-09, 02:47
Ok, just been to the doctor recently as I was convinced I had something deadly like CHF. My doctor checked me out and she said my chest was fine so really CHF is not a worry. I've REALLY started worrying that I've got a brain tumour though. Noticed a ton of symptoms.

-Ear pain - right and left side. Not constant but now and then.
-Headaches - Like the ear pain they're not constant and appear now and then. Not pressure headaches. A sharper pain really.
-Legs still swelling very slightly(maybe because I'm very inactive at the moment though, idk)
-Floaters - I've always had floaters but I'm sure I've got a new one
-Twitching - All the time when I'm not active. Anyone got any idea what twitches related to a brain tumour are generally like?
-Waking up hyperventilating - Ye, this happened twice a couple of weeks back. Not happened since but it's still something I'm worried about. With sometimes your brain doesn't send the signals for you to breathe when you're unsonscious, causing central sleep apnea.
-Personality changes - Well, I'm considering that my anxiety is actually being caused by a brain tumour or something neurological.
-Eye colour difference - Noticed recently that my left eye seems to see things in a sort of green hue, while my right eye is more reddish. It's quite slight but I'm not sure if this is normal/if this is a new symptom.

I've had most of these symptoms for a good few months tbh. Completely freaking out now as I've convinced myself I've got a brain tumour.
The best I can do at the moment is convince myself it's a slow growing tumour as I've been having symptoms for 3-4 months.

Going to have to wait until monday to phone my doctor.:weep:

Typically, now is when I've started twitching like mad.

marley
12-12-09, 03:56
... alternatively, you may be hyperventilating and over-aware.

Any time you become hyper-aware of your body, you will begin to notice and over analyse every minute detail. Yawning is a natural and intuitive thing. Thinking about it will lead to you trying to control it.

A good example of this reflex, is blinking. Think about blinking and you will notice yourself blinking more. This does not mean you have an eye disorder. You're just more aware of it.

I'm sure you're fine. Please stop using Google as your doctor. It's a string of search terms linked by codes. It has no clinical experience or use. You are anxious. Treat the anxiety.

marley
12-12-09, 03:58
Also, you picked the word DISORDER in relation to yawning.

Stop diagnosing yourself. You are not a doctor. You are a person who is obviously anxious. By using Google to look up something as benign as a yawn, you are sending your body into a panic.

Be good to yourself. Step away from Google. Breathe.

messianictalmud
12-12-09, 11:28
Hi stuartidh, like marley has said even though it may sound harsh, it true.

mark1980
12-12-09, 19:29
Hi Stuart,

Firstly --- Google & Health Symptoms = PANIC!!!!! I love google, it helped me through Uni and often assists me when I want to find something, however - It is an awful replacement for my doctor. Google always 'diagnoses' the worst possible scenario, whereas my doctor knows better. I never, ever google anything health related now because you can guarantee that somewhere on that first page will be something to do with the BIG C, and I will feel compelled to read further.

I had a major brain tumor scare recently and I was totally out of my mind with worry. Looking back I have no idea why I pushed things so out of proportion. If you have had these things for months then I think that you would be feeling much worse by now.

I had headaches, and all kinds of other things - including the twitching for the first time ever, I couldnt believe it was anxiety but it was and is.

Hope you feel better soon, Mark

stuart88
09-01-10, 04:55
Thanks everyone.

Still struggling with my HA. Got my first appointment with a counsellor on the 21st so looking forward to that.
Every little symptom I notice is another thing added to the pile, and makes me feel just that little bit worse.

A few minutes ago my pinky toe extended itself in some sort of cramp/spasm that lasted a few minutes. This caused me to go into a state of complete anxiety.
It's gone now, but it's just another thing that'll nag me and worry me. Feel like giving up at the moment in all honesty.