PDA

View Full Version : My partner has been jailed for 2yrs and he has mental health problems

Wee-Mee
12-12-09, 15:53
My partner has been jailed for 2 yrs..he went away on Tuesday there and I'm a mess to be quite frank..he has apsergers,ADHD,depression and anxiety himself and about 15 months ago things got out of hand with a few men,one in particular and my partner and now he's been charged with GBH to permanent disfigurement because he bottled someone..

He's been sent to Barlinnie in Scotland and I'm ill with worry.I don't know what conditions he's living in,what other people are like there,I read stuff on the net and it sounds worse than a kennel.

He wont be able to cope and I think it is abomnible when he has been sentenced to this because of this and yesterday in the paper an utter yob annihalated some man and he got two yrs probabtion.

I need help.And there arent anywhere for families of loved ones in prison to talk to.

Someone please hekp me..it's much appreciated.It really is

gypsywomen
12-12-09, 16:22
well sorry to hear your panicing over this ,,but not much can be done ,, he will be ok they will give him meds if hes bad ,,they wont just leave him ,only thing you can do is writs lots of letters and viset when you can ,

Kirst24
13-12-09, 01:51
My dad was sent to Barlinnie this year (former lawyer,not your 'average' inmate), yet he was totally fine in there. He is back home now and I visited him lots when he was there and I can assure you that what you read is not true!! PM me if you want to chat more about it. I feel for you, I really do, and I know exactly how you are feeling but it is honestly not nearly as bad as you will be imagining and they will make sure that he is ok in there :-) xxx

BabyRachel
13-12-09, 11:49
Im so sorry this is happening to you.. It must be awful, feeling like you need to help but can't...

I don't know how the penile system works over there, but could you appeal for a psychiatric prison? Where they would be more accostomed to mental health issues?

Take care, xx

Wee-Mee
13-12-09, 14:36
I dunno what to do..I just read the Sunday newspaper and a gangster from Scotland was jailed for life and has served just ten years and is being released as he prepares for parole...

Justice is brilliant yea? :weep: :weep:
Kirst..how long was your dad sentenced oto ?
xxxx

Kirst24
13-12-09, 16:00
Hey, I just sent you a private message :-) My dad was sentenced to a year and was only in there for 4 months. xxxx

yorkylover
14-12-09, 13:01
At the end of the day he did bottle someone and so has to take the punishment.My brother was inside on remand for 8 months and he to has mental health issue.He coped really well in there and they do get treatment and meds ect while they are in there.

Maj
14-12-09, 13:05
I feel for you but you have to look after yourself as well. I have friends who are prison nurses and they look after the medical needs of inmates so I'm sure your partner will get the treatment he needs.
Myra :hugs:

kazzie
14-12-09, 13:49
Hi

Contact brianthesnail on here heworks in a prison so will be able to answer yourquestions and may know of support etc available

luv kaz x