PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety after c-secrion

emma1983
12-12-09, 17:02
Hi all im emma new here it might be a long story and sorry if it has been covered before here goes......... well im 26 and suffered bad depression for over 6 years since my nan passed away with a brain tumour kidney cancer and lung cancer at 69 she was my second mum and we only knew for 5 weeks before she passed away and cared for her the whole time also my uncle died of cancer and i loved them both so very much i have had two miscarriges(sp) . it has effected me in a big way well im now with the love of my life and have a baby boy nearly 5 months old this is were my health anxiety started i was in labour for 14 hours then an emergancy c-section with lots of problems after so begins health anxiety i worry about every pain im convinced im dying constant doom feeling i have nearly had enough headache=brain tumour bad leg=blood clot chest pain= heartattack so on and so on by docter dont take me seriously at time and im seeing a crisis team there great please tell me im not alone in all this would love to hear how others health anxiety started and why and any possitive experiaces on getting over it and what were your problems i get headaches heavy chest fast heart beat hard to breath feel sick cant stop crying etc hope to hear from some people soon
love emma xxxx :unsure:

margaret jones
12-12-09, 18:21
Hi Emma you sure have been through the wars and no wonder you are feeling anxious

You will find lots of help and advice on this site

Take Care Margaret

emma1983
12-12-09, 18:33
Hi thank you i just feel so alone and really had enough

RosieXXX
12-12-09, 20:00
Hello emma,

You certainly are not alone in the way you feel, you are experiencing classic health anxiety symptoms; I think everyone here will be able to relate to the way you are feeling, and will be able to offer you some really good support. When we become convinced there is something wrong, it becomes really difficult to shift these negative thoughts. Often an overload of stress triggers our anxiety, but with the right sort of help, which I am sure your crisis team will be able to give you, it is possible to learn how to change negative thought patterns, which will help you to gain control. :hugs:

emma1983
12-12-09, 21:27
i feel like its caving in on me